Posted By
MorituriMax
Oct 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!

I am trying to create a path and apply a railroad like track along it.. sort of like stitching/stroking a pattern/brush along the path itself.. but everything I try so far ends up looking pretty bad.. instead of the railroad tracks orienting themselves properly as it follows the path, they keep the same orientation as the path itself curves and twists..

Anybody understand what I am trying for and is there a way to do it in photoshop?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

W
wnor
Oct 9, 2004
Make a new brush. Open a new document and make it about 2 pixels wide by 8 pixels tall, and, background content transparent. OK Fill with black. Select all (Ctrl A), Edit define brush, give it a name. OK Choose the new brush and click on the brushes palette tab in the dock area of the right side of the options bar. Choose brush tip shape and at the bottom right, drag the spacing slider to the right until you get some spacing between the brush tips, then click on Shape Dynamics and on the right side under Angle jitter, pull down the meu and choose Direction. Now select the path palette, click on the menu and choose stroke. That should give you a railroad.

"Morituri-Max" …
Hi!

I am trying to create a path and apply a railroad like track along it.. sort of like stitching/stroking a pattern/brush along the path itself.. but everything I try so far ends up looking pretty bad.. instead of the railroad tracks orienting themselves properly as it follows the path, they keep the same orientation as the path itself curves and twists..

Anybody understand what I am trying for and is there a way to do it in photoshop?

Thanks!
M
MorituriMax
Oct 10, 2004
Wesley Norman wrote:
Make a new brush. Open a new document and make it about 2 pixels wide by 8 pixels tall, and, background content transparent. OK Fill with black. Select all (Ctrl A), Edit define brush, give it a name. OK Choose the new brush and click on the brushes palette tab in the dock area of the right side of the options bar. Choose brush tip shape and at the bottom right, drag the spacing slider to the right until you get some spacing between the brush tips, then click on Shape Dynamics and on the right side under Angle jitter, pull down the meu and choose Direction. Now select the path palette, click on the menu and choose stroke. That should give you a railroad.

Very cool… the direction thing was what was eluding me..

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections