W
Posted By
West
Oct 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I choose importing an image from scanner, the scanner software takes away for the time being and I can’t use Photoshop to do editing on other images. Sometimes it’s like half an hour when I’m scanning multiple negatives. How can I use Photoshop while it scans?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
Jim
Oct 2, 2004
"West" wrote in message
When I choose importing an image from scanner, the scanner software takes away for the time being and I can’t use Photoshop to do editing on other images. Sometimes it’s like half an hour when I’m scanning multiple negatives. How can I use Photoshop while it scans?
Have you tried creating another PS session? PS can only do one thing at a time.
Jim
CD
Code Developer
Oct 2, 2004
"West" wrote in message

You could scan your negatives using other software and save them to file, while you’re using Photoshop for editing. Any of the basic imaging software that comes with Windows should do this.

Regards,
Shaun.
W
West
Oct 2, 2004
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 03:28:50 GMT, "Jim" wrote:

Have you tried creating another PS session?

How to do that? Simply clicking on the program icon doesn’t start another session.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections