J
Posted By
jmedero
Oct 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I am farely new to photoshop and someone in our graphics department created this image with text in it. All i want to do is change that text using photoshop or Image ready 7.01. I have tried numerous things to change the text of this image. I don’t understand why I can’t access even the font of the text. I have already changed the mode to RGB and dublicated the layer so that I have access to it..?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jay

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Corey
Oct 2, 2004
The image in which you’re trying to edit the text is probably "flattened" which means the text layer is no longer accessible. Normally designers keep the layers in a Photoshop file, rather than flattening them. Access to these layers allows for further modification. But if these layers are flattened into a single layer, or even merged with other layers, further modification is drastically hindered.

If you have access to the layers, but still can’t change the text, it may be that the text layer has been "rasterized" which means it has been converted to a bit map graphic and is no longer text. The way to check is to look in your layers palette (Window > Layers) and see if the layer icon is a capital
T. This indicates that the layer is indeed a text layer and can be modified.
If this is the case, then make sure the layer is not locked. If it is locked, and you try to select it , you will get a pop-up message that the layer is locked. A locked layer is indicated by a small lock at the right of that layer and the type of lock is highlighted in the row of lock icons at the top of the layers palette. Deselecting the lock will unlock the layer.If the layer has been rasterized, then no capital T will show for that layer.

Corey 🙂

"Jay" wrote in message
Hi, I am farely new to photoshop and someone in our graphics department created this image with text in it. All i want to do is change that text using photoshop or Image ready 7.01. I have tried numerous things to change the text of this image. I don’t understand why I can’t access even the font of the text. I have already changed the mode to RGB and dublicated the layer so that I have access to it..?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jay

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections