Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve put it on my webspace…

http://www.ilclandestino.be/bosologo.html

Greetz & thx for the feedback

il Clandestino

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jopi
Jul 25, 2003
give those puppets a bevel
"coverman design" schreef in bericht
I’ve put it on my webspace…

http://www.ilclandestino.be/bosologo.html

Greetz & thx for the feedback

il Clandestino

P
paulc7
Jul 26, 2003
Win 98 PS 6.0 beginner

I need to do a logo. My first logo.
Its simple. Just 2 circles in different colors one inside the other with some text curving inside the 2 circles.
Its going to be used for a letterhead (print) so i guess I have to use CYMK colors. How do is start? How a professional or a more advanced PS user attack this problem ? Would this be easier in Freehand? I also haev Flash but i only feel confiodent in PS. But will accept any advice or suggestion but i need to make a start soon.
Thank U
DM
dave milbut
Jul 26, 2003
use vecotors… the paths and shape tools.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 26, 2003
Paul,

Would this be easier in Freehand? <<

Yes, and would have the advantage of being entirely vector and so scaleable. Photoshop has no text_on_path facility so that would be much easier in Freehand or Illustrator
DM
dave milbut
Jul 26, 2003
i’m not really a logo expert, there are plenty here who I’m sure will stop by, but to get you started, it’s recommended you design your logo using the vector shape and path tools as opposed to the standard (raster) paint brushes and paint buckets. the reason being that if you need to scale/size the images later, vector logos won’t lose quality where as raster logos will every time you futz with the size of an element.

also depending on WHERE you’re printing, i’m not sure you need to design in cmyk. are you talking about sending it to an outside printer to do? or will you be printing it in house on an ink jet. if on an ink jet, keep it rgb.

i’m sure more help will follow soon as all the pro’s work up the strength to log on after a vigorous friday night of "designing". 🙂

dave
P
paulc7
Jul 26, 2003
will have to go to outside printer
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 26, 2003
wierd. double post.
RD
Rachel Dorman
Jul 31, 2003
I’d advise you to talk to your printer before you do anything else, to start with they may not intend to print it CMYK if it is, say, a two-colour job? Ask them what *they* need from you to produce the letterheads exactly as you want them.

Definitely use a vector graphics program, Freehand or Illustrator I guess are the best options if you have access to either, they take some getting used to but the resulting image quality will make it worth your while. Just take it slowly, keep the manual to hand, and don’t panic!
The other advantage is that if you do end up producing a spot colour print rather than CMYK, it’s easier to specify colours to allow the plates to be separated.
CW
Colin Walls
Jul 31, 2003
To add to Rachel’s wise words …

Spot colour is used for many logos, both for easy colour consistency and, if the number of colours is limited [as it is in all the best logos], it’s cheaper.
DS
dwain_stefaniszyn
May 21, 2004
Hi all
I have a logo that is black with a white background. I am tring to get the white to disappear so only the black picture will show up were ever I paste it. I have tried transparent with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dwain
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 21, 2004
Use the magic wand tool and select the white background area and delete. Then save your image in a format that preserves transparency like GIF which is well suited for limited color such as this.
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 21, 2004
I should have mentioned…when you first bring an image into Elements it’s named a ‘backgound’ layer. In the layers palette you must double click on this layer first to make it an ‘editable’ layer…default is layer 0 which is fine. Make sure your image is in RGB mode>toolbar>image>mode.
DS
dwain_stefaniszyn
May 21, 2004
Thanks Jodi!!!!!
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 22, 2004
you are welcome !!! 🙂
Sep 12, 2004
To all professionals:

We are looking to create a catchy, imaginative logos which will be used in all website material, business cards and letterheads. Please provide us your portfolio to

Deadline: September 15th

‘X-No-archive: yes’
Sep 12, 2004
To all professionals:

We are looking to create a catchy, imaginative logos which will be used in all website material, business cards and letterheads. Please provide us your portfolio to

AA
Aki Ahonen
Sep 12, 2004
Using the hotmail address looks very promising…

"-" wrote in message
To all professionals:

JM
John McWilliams
Sep 12, 2004
– wrote:

To all professionals:

We are looking to create a << Snipped bits out >>

Is this an attempt at humor?

John McWilliams
DD
Dave Du Plessis
Sep 12, 2004
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:59:56 GMT, "Aki Ahonen" wrote:

promising for getting his hands on
a lot of logo samples:-)))

Dave
WO
Wizard of Draws
Sep 12, 2004
On 9/12/04 1:59 PM, in article w801d.308$, "Aki Ahonen" wrote:

For the life of me, I cannot understand why any business would use a hotmail account or a similar "throwaway" email address instead of creating a top level domain and using the email address that comes with it. It isn’t even necessary to have anything other than a simple contact page at the domain. Just using the more professional email address to present a legitimate appearance is justification enough.

Nothing says "fly-by-night" so loudly as a hotmail email address when used by a business.

Jeff ‘The Wizard of Draws’ Bucchino
Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com
http://www.cartoonclipart.com
EG
Eric Gill
Sep 12, 2004
"-" wrote in
news:iEZ0d.153$:

To all professionals:

Are you alleging you fall under this category, too?

Certainly.

Right after I see your "portfolio" – something that establishes you have a credible, ethical company.

You *can* provide that, right?
Sep 12, 2004
To avoid spamming our mail server.

"Wizard of Draws" wrote in message

For the life of me, I cannot understand why any business would use a
hotmail
account or a similar "throwaway" email address instead of creating a top level domain and using the email address that comes with it. It isn’t even necessary to have anything other than a simple contact page at the domain. Just using the more professional email address to present a legitimate appearance is justification enough.

Nothing says "fly-by-night" so loudly as a hotmail email address when used by a business.

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
SM
Spam me-NOT
Sep 12, 2004
What a bunch of numbnuts.
Everybody starts somewhere. I did the same and you should see my p&l now. I wouldn’t put my real email addy here any reason.

hotmail
account or a similar "throwaway" email address instead of creating a top level domain and using the email address that comes with it. It isn’t even necessary to have anything other than a simple contact page at the domain. Just using the more professional email address to present a legitimate appearance is justification enough.

H
Hecate
Sep 12, 2004
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:29:35 -0400, "123"
wrote:

You don’t know how to avoid spamming and post a mail address on a news server.? Exactly what sort of professional are you?

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
WO
Wizard of Draws
Sep 13, 2004
On 9/12/04 5:29 PM, in article 3d31d.345$,
"123" wrote:

hotmail

There are ways to combat this. Trust me, I’ve taken the steps and reduced my spam from *5000 per day* to less than 50. My email address is on my website and I post to newsgroups frequently. Soon I will be adding an email form to my website to reduce it even further.

I’ve found that your internet customers will trust you more if you don’t have a throwaway email address for the reasons I’ve stated. If you don’t feel that’s important to your business, that’s your business. —
WO
Wizard of Draws
Sep 13, 2004
On 9/12/04 6:54 PM, in article , "Spam
me-NOT" <uh > wrote:

Everybody starts somewhere. I did the same and you should see my p&l now. I wouldn’t put my real email addy here any reason.

That’s exactly my point. Everybody starts somewhere. A throwaway email account says "amateur", and throws up a red flag to a lot of potential customers on the internet.

If you can afford to lose those potential customers and their dollars, I’m sure your competitor will gladly take them off your hands. —
TD
The Doormouse
Sep 13, 2004
"Aki Ahonen" wrote:

Yes, I am sure to rush them my samples … 🙂

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
SM
Spam me-NOT
Sep 13, 2004
You’re assuming that he does not have a "real" address. I bet if someone is legitimately interested in helping contacts him, they will get all the info they need. Even his real email addy. Jeesh, you people overthink everything.

On 9/12/04 6:54 PM, in article , "Spam
me-NOT" <uh > wrote:

Everybody starts somewhere. I did the same and you should see my p&l
now.
I wouldn’t put my real email addy here any reason.

That’s exactly my point. Everybody starts somewhere. A throwaway email account says "amateur", and throws up a red flag to a lot of potential customers on the internet.

If you can afford to lose those potential customers and their dollars, I’m sure your competitor will gladly take them off your hands. —
S
Stephan
Sep 13, 2004
"-" wrote in message
To all professionals:

You are trying to create a catchy logoS? What about a catchy phrase to start with?
What is "all website material"?
So you try to create a logo (or logos) and you need other peoples portfolios for that?
I guess you need "inspiration" …

Stephan
J
jjs
Sep 13, 2004
"-" wrote in message
To all professionals:

To all cheap-ass, low life spammers and solicitors like you – take it to someplace that cares.
S
Stuart
Sep 13, 2004
jjs wrote:
"-" wrote in message

To all professionals:

To all cheap-ass, low life spammers and solicitors like you – take it to someplace that cares.

If they knew what they were talking about then they wouldn’t be asking for work in a Photoshop forum, they would be in an Illy or similar one.

Stuart
J
jjs
Sep 13, 2004
"Stuart" wrote in message

If they knew what they were talking about then they wouldn’t be asking for work in a Photoshop forum, they would be in an Illy or similar one.

If they had an ounce of sense, they’d find honest jobs doing something they could handle. Sucking septic tanks through a flavor straw comes to mind.
WO
Wizard of Draws
Sep 13, 2004
On 9/12/04 10:34 PM, in article , "Spam
me-NOT" <uh > wrote:

You’re assuming that he does not have a "real" address. I bet if someone is legitimately interested in helping contacts him, they will get all the info they need. Even his real email addy. Jeesh, you people overthink everything.

Wrong. I wrote that I don’t understand why a business would "use" a throwaway email address. I assume that a legitimate business would have a real website and therefore, a real email address to go with it. Why pay for it, then not use it? Why not show that you know how to utilize the internet better than my grandmother?

I see this all the time in advertising: a real website, but a Yahoo or Hotmail email address instead of
Robots don’t crawl newspapers or magazines to harvest email addresses. What would be the excuse for not using your "real" email address in a newspaper or magazine ad?

It’s not overthinking, it’s the way your customers will perceive you. One of the deadliest habits a business owner can get into is not taking the viewpoint of his customers.
It’s not overthinking to step into your customer’s shoes, it smart business. —
BV
Big V
Sep 14, 2004
sure, my rate is $80 an hour, pretty cheap considering where I work from. V
"-" wrote in message
To all professionals:

SM
Spam me-NOT
Sep 14, 2004
What
would be the excuse for not using your "real" email address in a newspaper or magazine ad?
Like I said, who says he doesn’t? Just because he didn’t post it here. Do you see me posting my business here? Not a chance. An 8 digit company, by the way>
He’s not "selling" here. He is "soliciting". Look in any job want ads. Many of them don’t have anything more than a PO box. Same thing.

It’s not overthinking, it’s the way your customers will perceive you. One
of
the deadliest habits a business owner can get into is not taking the viewpoint of his customers.
It’s not overthinking to step into your customer’s shoes, it smart
business.

H
Hecate
Sep 14, 2004
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:14:54 GMT, "Stephan"
wrote:

"-" wrote in message
To all professionals:

You are trying to create a catchy logoS? What about a catchy phrase to start with?
What is "all website material"?
So you try to create a logo (or logos) and you need other peoples portfolios for that?
I guess you need "inspiration" …

He’s obviously not used to perspiration and I suspect his business will soon need resuscitation…

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
S
Stuart
Sep 14, 2004
jjs wrote:

If they had an ounce of sense, they’d find honest jobs doing something they could handle. Sucking septic tanks through a flavor straw comes to mind.

Which flavour would you go for? 🙂

Stuart
SM
Spam me-NOT
Sep 15, 2004
jjs wrote:

If they knew what they were talking about then they wouldn’t be asking
for
work in a Photoshop forum, they would be in an Illy or similar one.

If they had an ounce of sense, they’d find honest jobs doing something
they
could handle. Sucking septic tanks through a flavor straw comes to mind.

Which flavour would you go for? 🙂

Stuart
LMFAO, how appropriate.
A
AndyTao
Jun 10, 2008
Promote your business with custom imprinted umbrellas from NameBuilders. Three day rush service available. Many colors and sizes to choose from.
http://www.ogogo123sina.cn/

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections