printingr output color / monitor calibration.

R
Posted By
Ronniegsd
Nov 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have to apologize in advance for the Duh question.

When I send my photos to be printer in one of the photo online services – should I view/proof in the cymk mode in PS cs3 for the real out put color? Second question: what is a good monitor calibration tool for Samsung (sync master 226W)
Thanks in advance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RG
Roy G
Nov 4, 2007
"rene" wrote in message

When I send my photos to be printer in one of the photo online services – should I view/proof in the cymk mode in PS cs3 for the real out put color? Second question: what is a good monitor calibration tool for Samsung (sync master 226W)
Thanks in advance

Hi.

First question is No. Photo processors do not work in CMYK. Most use the sRGB Working Space Profile, so that is what you should use in PS.

If you have correctly set up PS to Colour Manage your Workflow and you are using a Calibrated and Profiled display, then it can be a good idea to use a Printer Profile from the Photo Processor in View > Proof.

To Calibrate and Profile a Flat Panel Monitor, you will probably need a Hardware device such as a Spyder 2 from Colorvision.

First, however, I would give it a try using the Adobe Gamma utility which you will find in Windows Control Panel.

The Samsung software which claims to produce Monitor Profiles, does not work. ( PS thinks they are broken)

Do remember that you will need to remove Adobe Gamma, or any similar utility, from the "Start Up" Menu before you start using a Hardware Device.

Roy G
R
Ronniegsd
Nov 4, 2007
My Adobe Gamma vanished from my vista control panel, I can see it from my XP computer but not in my vista; not even in the startup menu "Roy G" wrote in message
"rene" wrote in message

When I send my photos to be printer in one of the photo online services – should I view/proof in the cymk mode in PS cs3 for the real out put color?
Second question: what is a good monitor calibration tool for Samsung (sync master 226W)
Thanks in advance

Hi.

First question is No. Photo processors do not work in CMYK. Most use the sRGB Working Space Profile, so that is what you should use in PS.
If you have correctly set up PS to Colour Manage your Workflow and you are using a Calibrated and Profiled display, then it can be a good idea to use a Printer Profile from the Photo Processor in View > Proof.
To Calibrate and Profile a Flat Panel Monitor, you will probably need a Hardware device such as a Spyder 2 from Colorvision.

First, however, I would give it a try using the Adobe Gamma utility which you will find in Windows Control Panel.

The Samsung software which claims to produce Monitor Profiles, does not work. ( PS thinks they are broken)

Do remember that you will need to remove Adobe Gamma, or any similar utility, from the "Start Up" Menu before you start using a Hardware Device.

Roy G
RG
Roy G
Nov 4, 2007
"rene" wrote in message
My Adobe Gamma vanished from my vista control panel, I can see it from my XP computer but not in my vista; not even in the startup menu "Roy G" wrote in message
"rene" wrote in message

When I send my photos to be printer in one of the photo online services – should I view/proof in the cymk mode in PS cs3 for the real out put color?
Second question: what is a good monitor calibration tool for Samsung (sync master 226W)
Thanks in advance

Hi.

Roy G

Sorry, can’t help with Vista.

I don’t want to have to get and can’t afford a new Printer and new Film Scanner.

Roy G
R
Ronniegsd
Nov 5, 2007
Not happy about vista, but My old computer could not be upgraded anymore for more power, so its vista for me :-((

"Roy G" wrote in message
"rene" wrote in message
"rene" wrote in message

Thanks in advance

Hi.

Roy G

I don’t want to have to get and can’t afford a new Printer and new Film Scanner.

Roy G
RM
RC Moonpie
Nov 5, 2007
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 23:38:43 GMT, "Roy G"
wrote:

thats why, when my last laptop gave up the ghost, i went around looking for a nice barely used XP machine.

No Vista, for me yet, i dont care how much power they have.
RG
Roy G
Nov 5, 2007
"RC_Moonpie" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 23:38:43 GMT, "Roy G"
wrote:

thats why, when my last laptop gave up the ghost, i went around looking for a nice barely used XP machine.

No Vista, for me yet, i dont care how much power they have.

My machine has plenty of Speed, and Storage. But even if it needs replacing, I still have my XP disc, and could easily remove Vista and install XP, but by that time my Printer will probably have been replaced, and the Film Scanner might no longer be needed.

Roy G

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections