MM
Posted By
Mac McDougald
Jul 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You are probably expecting too much from 32×32 pixels.
Work at that size to begin with. Icon sized images must be quite simple. It’s a whole area of expertise to make something recognizable/attractive with that few pixels.

Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SZ
Syed Zeeshan Haider
Jul 19, 2003
Hello Experts,
I have PS6 on Win98SE.

I have been creating 32×32 images with PS and converting them into *.ico files with some icon creator. But there is a problem.
I actually create mostly a large image for an icon. I mostly use 300×300 (pixels). After completing the image, when I resize it to 32×32 (pixels), it becomes blurry and loses that sharpness which we see in professional icons (like that of Adobe products, Microsoft products etc.). How can I resize an image without losing its sharpness?
(I already have some experience of PS and I use it without any hesitation, however, I am not any expert.)
Thank you,

Syed Zeeshan Haider.

———————————–
Allah says to Mankind:
"Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"
L
LenHewitt
Jul 19, 2003
You should create the images at their final size, and NOT resize them. ICO files are best created in an ICON editor rather than in Photoshop
P
primitivedogs
Jul 19, 2003
You could also make the icons 128 x 128 which will make them easier once they are small if you have to work in 300×300. Hopefully whatever OS you use can handle 128 icons.
SZ
Syed Zeeshan Haider
Jul 21, 2003
"Mac McDougald" wrote in message
You are probably expecting too much from 32×32 pixels.

Because I have seen too much in such small sizes. 🙂
Have you observed the Recycle Bin, My Computer, My Documents or Internet Explorer icons in Windows? They contain too much image details.

It’s a whole area of expertise to make something recognizable/attractive with that few pixels.

That’s the real thing that I seem to lack.

Thanks,

Syed Zeeshan Haider.

———————————–
Allah says to Mankind:
"Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"
L
LenHewitt
Jul 21, 2003
Syed,

Your Sig file is inappropriate in an Intenational, Professional and multi-cultural forum

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections