TL
Posted By
trisha love
Aug 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was wandering how to download pictures off of the card reader for my digital camera? It doesn’t give the instructions in the book!! Does the camera stil have to be installed to the computer?

HELP!
Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TL
trisha love
Aug 16, 2003
Ok I’m not sure what I am doing wrong with the card reader b/c nothing comes up on the screen, nor is it found on any file in my computer. Plan 2 is using the camera, but when I do I recieve the following message from adobe pe2: "could not complete the import command because of a problem with the scanner". I have PE2 an Emachines 1860t computer and an lexmark x125 printer/scanner/fax/copy machine if that helps and by the way is working fine.

Thanks for all your help and support.

Sincerly,
Trisha Love 🙂
P
Phosphor
Aug 16, 2003
Trisha, first – did you load the software for the card reader? Some computers/operating systems don’t seem to care whether it’s on there or not. In case yours does, make sure you’ve done that so the computer will recognize the reader when it’s plugged in. Second, the card reader shows up (as an example) as Drive E on our Win XP Pro computer. To access it, we have to go into My Computer and look for the drive. Can you get that far? Once you find it listed as another drive, you can open it up and then drag and drop the images into a folder you’ve created on your hard drive, per Mike’s instructions.

In regard to Elements not recognizing your camera – this isn’t particularly uncommon. It will depend on the kind of camera you’re using, because Elements isn’t geared to recognize every make and model. We’d need more information before figuring out why it doesn’t see yours. Mastering the card reader is still the best option.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections