ES
Posted By
elizabeth_swan
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have completed a pen and ink drawing for a client. They would like it sent electronically to them. I am using an Epson Perfection 1650 scanner and Epson Stylus C80 printer on my MacG4 using OS 9.2. When I scan it in (Photoshop 6.0.1) and print it (at both 100% and the 62% that the client needs), the lines thicken significantly and close up. Some dark grey areas transform to completely black. By the way when I photocopy it at 100% and 62% it looks great, no line thickening. Any suggestions?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Mar 6, 2004
What resolution are you scanning at? How does it look in Photoshop? Do you do a Levels adjustment?
CC
Carlton_Chin
Mar 7, 2004
Hi Elizabeth,

Yes, what resolution are you scanning the image at (as Ed mentioned) and are you saving the scan as a TIFF or EPS.

When you view the scanned image in Photoshop, does the thickness and tones look fairly consistent with your original drawing?

Also, at what output resolution are you telling your Epson to print it out at and is the paper you are using Epson or "brand x" Inkjet paper?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections