NW
Posted By
Nate_Williams
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop 7.0 on my Macintosh in Mac OS 9.2.2. I work in a publishing company and we work off of a server. All of our data just got transfered from one hard disk on Windows Server 2003 to another hard disk on Windows Server 2000. Well I’m going back and trying to open up different files and some files open fine but the majorify of files (InDesign, Photoshop, PDF) don’t open. I get error messages. When I try to open a Photoshop file it says "Could not open the file because it is not a valid Photoshop document." I haven’t changed my Photoshop program at all. It’s the same as it was when I created the document. Is there anyway to fix this? It sounds as if the file has been corrupted. I get similar messages trying to open PDFs and InDesign files. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nate

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Mar 5, 2004
Saving or opening files across a network is strongly discouraged by Adobe.

Copy the files to your hard disk first, then open them locally.

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/19dd2.htm?code=TA>
R
Ram
Mar 5, 2004
Also, make sure you have updated to Photoshop 7.0.1.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections