JQ
Posted By
Jake_Quick
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m a designer who lives and dies by photoshop running properly… and unfortunately I’m about to die. Photoshop (and the other CS programs) crash constantly. No matter what I’m doing. Sometimes, I’m not doing anything, and it just crashes. I’m running Panther, and installed CS about a month ago.

The most common message I get is this:

Command: Adobe Photoshop CS
Path: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS/Adobe Photoshop CS.app/Contents/MacOSClassic/Adobe Photoshop CS
Version: 8.0 (8.0×119) (8.0)
PID: 457
Thread: 0

Exception: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (0x0002)
Code[0]: 0x00000002
Code[1]: 0x90343ee0

If anyone can help me fix this, I’d be in their debt.

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Mar 5, 2004
What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? How much total RAM do you have and what percentage is allocated to Photoshop?
B
Buko
Mar 5, 2004
Did you read this thread?? Ramón G Castañeda "Photoshop Crashes on OS X ?!" 3/5/04 3:27pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/32>
R
Ram
Mar 5, 2004
Actually, Buko’s link takes you only to the last two posts in that thread. This one will show the pertinent posts from the beginning of that thread:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.2cd06e0e>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections