J
Posted By
JasonSmith
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I thought this was fixed in CS, but maybe I was mistaken, or I’m just missing the preference for this.

I have some elements that have layer style strokes applied.

When I cmt>T those elements, the stroke size remains unchanged. So if transform something to 50%, the stroke remains 100%, thereby being 200% scale of what I just transformed.

If I go to Image Size and reduce by 50%, the strokes scale down.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DK
Doug_Katz
Mar 5, 2004
Right, but isn’t this true with other styles. Add a drop shadow, note the numbers. Transform to 50%. Isn’t the drop shadow "twice as big" as it "should" be (i.e., not scaled)?

(BTW, if you transform by the numbers – rather than dragging the transform bounding box "by eye" – you can use the Scale Styles command to match up the applied styles precisely to the transformed object to which they’re applied.)
J
JasonSmith
Mar 5, 2004
Grr…why isnt there just a preference to scale strokes/effects like there is in Illustrator?
DK
Doug_Katz
Mar 5, 2004
There is! Go back into the styles palette and enter a number that’s 50% of your original! 🙂

(Oh, you said a preference. Well… this is a "manually set" preference 🙂 )

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections