L
Posted By
LRK
Mar 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a large folder of higher resolution jpg photos that I took while out on a friend’s sailboat. I want to automate them into a medium sized PDF file to give to our friends. Normally I would place them into InDesign and export as a PDF for e-Book. Since there is 146 photos I thought I’d better come up with a more efficient method.

So far I’ve used the automated Acrobat Pro method but the file is too big. I’m working on optimizing it now. But one problem I run into with Acrobat Pro is that when I rotate one picture it wants to rotate another.

I know I should probably post this in the Acrobat Forum but I also know that I will probably get my answer here… and faster.

Any other ideas?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DK
Doug_Katz
Mar 5, 2004
Linda, have you tried the Automate>PDF presentation command from within PSCS? It’s not just for PDF presentations but for making multi-page PDFs as well.

With respect to the rotation problem, check your settings from within Distiller for the e-book job option. It may be set to (something like) "Rotate Collectively by File." If so, create a custom job option that has rotate set to "Individually."

And are you using the single command to Optimize in Acrobat (File>Reduce file size in 6.0.1 Pro) or the PDF Optimizer command that gives you various compression options. Try the latter.
L
LRK
Mar 5, 2004
Doug:

For some reason I thought the Automate PDF in PSCS was different. After reading your post I tried it and sure enough it works… but, it does not allow for customizing. I guess a runnning a script for sizing prior to the Automate PDF script will work.

I tried to your rotation suggestion. No luck.

As for optimizing I was using the PDF Optimizer command. I still can’t figure out why some pictures end up bigger. Must be something else.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections