Posted By
Adriano_Von_Markendorf
Mar 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have read this in Photoshop Techiniques Forum:

"According to Adobe (and other sources I’ve read) Photoshop uses CIEL*a*b as the base encoding method for all photoshop documents. This means that if you are working in RGB, you are actually working in L*a*b and it’s being translated to RGB. This is why the transformation from RGB to L*a*b is so quick and seamless. It’s just changing the interface, not the data. When you move to CMYK, you are changing the data into L*a*b and then converting the color space into CMYK."

I NEVER, EVER rear such thing in my life. Any official comments? Many thank’s for any reply.

Adriano

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AR
Andrew_Rodney
Mar 3, 2004
When you’re editing in RGB, you’re editing in RGB. Same with CMYK and so on. For color space conversions using ICC profiles, Photoshop builds a conversion table from source to destination USING Lab equivalents with 20 bit precision (so you get fewer quantization errors than you would actually converting the pixels to LAB). So the pixels don’t get converted to LAB however I guess you could say it’s not inaccurate that the image goes through LAB.
AV
Adriano_Von_Markendorf
Mar 3, 2004
It’s exactly my point. But when this guy speak about "sources in Adobe" well…. I feel my floor shaking 🙂
Thank you Rodney, I don’t know that you are in neighborhood.

Regards,

Adriano.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Mar 3, 2004
vaporware

my favorite.
BF
Bruce_Fraser
Mar 3, 2004
–>"According to Adobe (and other sources I’ve read) Photoshop uses CIEL*a*b as the base encoding method for all photoshop documents.

Utter nonsense, but a persistent urban myth…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections