Posted By
SerayaH
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have created an object in Photoshop CS, just through using the lighting effects filter etc, so that it ended up being a greyscale image. I then turned it into a duotone using two pantone colours. The problem is that when I place the file in Indesign, two of the objects sides appear a little jaggy and it continues to look like that when I print it out. I tried Selecting the object with a selection I had saved in the channels pallette, and then contracting the selection, then applied a bit of feathering, then reversed the selection and pressed delete. I thought that this would do the trick, so that the edges would be a bit softer, but it’s still printing jaggy.

I can’t work out what I’m doing wrong, since I started the file at 300 dpi – I though I’d only get jagged edged if the resolution was too low. Can anyone tell me what might be going on here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Seraya

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Mar 2, 2004
In InDesign choose View or Object>Preview>High Resolution.

You are saving it as a n EPS?
B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
When you print the file in ID make sure you are sending all the data and not optimized subsampling. You need to look at all the print options under graphics
S
SerayaH
Mar 3, 2004
Thanks for your help,

I made sure all the data was sent when printing, and it printed fine.

Seraya

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections