H
Posted By
Hexebah
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any gamblers out there need Photoshop CS? [http://link removed by forum host] Photoshop CS for $80.00

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 2, 2004
Hexebah,

Fact of life: If the deal sounds too good to be true, it’s either illegal, immoral, or fattening. In this case your link was removed because it pointed to illegal pirated software. Legal software just does not come this cheap. This Website has been reported to

Neil
H
Hexebah
Mar 2, 2004
Thanks for the advice Neil. Yes, I had a good idea the site was bogus which is why I mentioned the fact it was a gamble.

I did not intend to tout illegal, pirated software and have no affiliation with the site. I received the link in a spam message 5 mins before posting it. In future I will direct this sort of information directly to Adobe.

Chip
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 2, 2004
Thanks, Chip.

I didn’t think that you were intentionally touting anything illegal. But understand that Adobe takes software piracy very seriously — and Adobe certainly wouldn’t knowingly allow any publicity for such sites to be posted on its own without consequences.

See you around the Forums!

Neil
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Mar 2, 2004
Chip,

When you get such bogus offers just forward the entire e-mail to

They are appreciative of the help. I believe I can say that most all of us who frequent these forums are strong supporters of Adobe and report piracy when our noses are rubbed in it.
RL
Ronald_Lanham
Mar 2, 2004
Just think what a person may be in for if they were actually stupid enough to give crooks their credit card number. =80
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Mar 2, 2004
What I wonder is, on ebay, what prevents someone from paying the full price of upgrades or full installs, copying the cd and then selling it back up on ebay?
GP
Graham_Phillips
Mar 2, 2004
A clear conscience? A sense of morality?
SJ
Stevie_J_V
Mar 2, 2004
Who wants to get into illegal stuff? You buy the CD then resell a copy, I definitely would not do it.
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 2, 2004
BTW, when you forward an email to )>, be sure to include the entire content of the email. Also copy and paste the email’s "source" information. Depending upon your email client, it could be from the top menu bar: View –> Source. This gives what can be valuable information for tracking the email.

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 2, 2004
As far as selling software illegally on eBay (or other auction sites), do the same thing. Promptly report the seller to Adobe, including the links to that page on the eBay or other auction site. Also notify eBay, etc.

Neil
B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
Anyone who thinks this cheap software is a good idea, I’ve got a really cool bridge I’ll sell in NY City. Yes I know you’ve always wanted a bridge in NY, now is your chance.
P
Phosphor
Mar 2, 2004
"…illegal, immoral or fattening…"

Bwahahaha…Neil K. quotes Flo and Eddie.

Perfect!
B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
That was one of my favorite albums.
B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
and everybody was Kung Fu Fighting

and if you din’t buy that song, and I didn’t buy that song who the F#@k bought it?

and

It’s Kama Sutra Time……
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Mar 3, 2004
If you know someone who works for Adobe………….
;o)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections