JH
Posted By
Jason_Hilton
Feb 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here is the problem: I have a fairly complex background image that fades to a solid color at the top of my page. At the top is a buttonbar and some other images for the website. The only compression that doesn’t make a huge background image file is jpg compression. Above I’m using gif compression because it is mostly text type buttons. The problem is the gif compression and jpeg compression don’t match each other. Beforehand they are the same color red, but after they are off by one, and it leaves a fairly visible line where they meet. Is there any way to force a specific red to a jpeg or gif? any other ideas how to solve this?

Thanks
-J

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
Hexebah
Mar 2, 2004
" they are off by one, and it leaves a fairly visible line where they meet "

I get something like this now & then. This usually happens when the layout being used is a duplicate of the original and I’ve cropped a section out of it. I design my sites in segments like this all the time. If you are doing this, a solution may follow.

You may have a layer effect (Eg. stroke) that is getting caught up in your duplicate crops. Try making a new blank layer at the top of the layer stack and while holding the option key, click the pop-out menu on the layers pallet and choose merge visible. This will merge all visible layers to your new blank layer. Cropping this should then work.

chip

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections