P
Posted By
Phosphor
Aug 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, Barb. Thanks, but you see, the question is, does PE understand applescript? With applications that are applescript aware, you can automate a lot of things (kind of like photoshop actions) by writing scripts, like the one for your drive. Some third-party applications understand applescript and some don’t.

So I know that you can script things like image tagging that are actually done in the finder, but I’m hoping Rich or someone can tell me if it is possible to use scripts within PE.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Aug 8, 2003
You go, Ray! Thanks.

So which mac is it going to be, do you think?
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 8, 2003
Barb and Barbara: Have you checked the Adobe Photoshop Scripting forum? Looks like there are some threads there on Applescript, and if it works for PS 7, it might work for PE….?

Chuck (who knows nada about Mac…just trying to help!)
P
Phosphor
Aug 8, 2003
Hi, Chuck, thanks. The unanswerable question is whether applescript, like actions, is disabled in PE. I could ask and see if anyone over there has tried in PE, though, although something tells me they also probably believe PE is the toy version of PS.

EDIT Just took a quick look and someone asked this question last November and hasn’t gotten an answer yet. 8^(
MH
Mark Hiers
Aug 8, 2003
Elements is not AppleScriptable beyond telling it to open, print, run, and quit
P
Phosphor
Aug 8, 2003
Thank you very, very much, Mark.
R
Ray
Aug 9, 2003
Since my luck is running out these days, and that I will have to wait longer, the treat is going to get bigger… A PowerMac G5 ๐Ÿ™‚ This way, I will be able to transfer my current data disk (once reformated) to my new Mac and have ample storage space. If I settle for something smaller, I fear I’m going to regret it along the way and end up still using my PC from time to time, which I want to minimize as much as possible.

One PC in the house suffering from the hickup is enough (Rick’s, not mine) ๐Ÿ™‚

Question (short answer like Yes or No) : is iPhoto capable of reading EXIF information (like the caption tag) that I put with PSA ? I just discovered that the information could be partially recovered. Tagging (if it exists) in iPhoto is still a problem. Perhaps I will be able to open iPhoto’s data file with Applescript and retrieve the information from a flat file from PSA (PSA is an Access database).

Ray
R
Ray
Aug 9, 2003
We’ve hang (hung?) a picture of this beauty of the fridge door… ๐Ÿ™‚
P
Phosphor
Aug 9, 2003
You do know its nickname is the "cheesegrater"? I guess maybe in French it would be "la mandoline" instead? <g>
R
Ray
Aug 9, 2003
Mandoline : an old guitar of the 14-17th century (history wasn’t my strongest topic).
Cheesegrater : Rรขpe ร  Fromage. Humm! My friend Rick is a real cheese amateur! As long as there is cheese in the fridge, he’s a happy guy! ๐Ÿ™‚

I can’t wait untill he gets back home to tell him that… He’ll call tomorrow morning to order one!!
P
Phosphor
Aug 9, 2003
Ray, a mandoline is also a French vegetable slicer. I thought maybe it would be the same word for a cheese grater/slicer.
R
Ray
Aug 9, 2003
As is suspected (Rick is back), he immediately and said "Cool… let’s get one!!!" (but money don’t grow on threes, so we’ll still wait).
P
Phosphor
Aug 9, 2003
Got to wait for a G5, anyway. They haven’t started shipping yet, and I’m sure they’re pretty backordered, so you can relax for now.
SW
Steven_Weyhrich
May 14, 2004
Are there Applescript add-ons for Photoshop Elements as there are for Photoshop 7?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 14, 2004
Unfortunately, elements is not scriptable the way full photoshop is.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections