Posted By
Bill
Oct 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I have a graphic that I want to bring to a silkscreen printer to put on a T-shirt. The graphic has a lot of detail I don’t think will translate to a T-shirt. (Brushed metal, scratches in metal etc).

Is there a way to simplify an image w photoshop? I guess it would be a blur effect or to blur small details but retain bigger ones.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

G
garypoyssick
Oct 25, 2007
You can reduce the number of colors by either a) Posterizing the image or b) cutting the number of colors used with a custom palette loaded into the Index>Other dialog.

Of course, there’s probably nineteen MUCH better ways to do it that I would never think about, so watch the group for responses 🙂

That having been said, the coolest new way we’ve found to do it is to bring the image into Illustrator (if you have it, if not, sorry for the useless advice) and use Live Trace to convert it into a vector, almost cartoon version of the original image. We’ve found lots of ways to use the two together — silkscreening is one of them.

Gary in tampa

On 10/25/07 1:19 AM, in article ,
"Bill" wrote:

Hi

I have a graphic that I want to bring to a silkscreen printer to put on a T-shirt. The graphic has a lot of detail I don’t think will translate to a T-shirt. (Brushed metal, scratches in metal etc).
Is there a way to simplify an image w photoshop? I guess it would be a blur effect or to blur small details but retain bigger ones.
Thanks
LB
Larry Bud
Oct 29, 2007
On Oct 25, 1:19 am, Bill wrote:
Hi

Try the Smart Blur filter. You can specify a threshold level to retain the bigger detail.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections