CS
Posted By
Chuck Snyder
Aug 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Leen, I would save the original, unedited versions, either as the original, fresh-from-the-camera JPEG’s or as the product of Open and immediate Save as TIFF just for archival purposes. However, you are right that once a JPEG is opened, it is no longer a JPEG or a TIFF or anything else until it’s saved again – it’s just pixels. Therefore, if you don’t want to save the unedited originals, there’s no advantage to ‘converting’ to TIFF before editing.

Chuck

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LK
Leen Koper
Aug 6, 2003
Chuck, I forgot to mention I usually save the JPEG files to cd-rw before I do anything else. Next I delete the images on the card and start working on the images on my hard disk.
When I cover a wedding with several hundreds of images I save the camerafiles to normal cd and keep them as a record with the cd’s with the enhanced images.
Whenever anything might happen to the computer I always have the images as they came from the camera.
Safety first; that’s why I’m "consuming" approximately 600 cd’s yearly. ;-((

Leen
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 6, 2003
Leen, in that case your workflow is fine! I thought you might have been saving those camera files for a rainy day…

🙂

Chuck

p.s. I hope the CD’s have become reasonably priced over there as they have here….
LK
Leen Koper
Aug 6, 2003
Rainy day……
Wished it would rain.
It is a little after midnight here and still 30 degrees Celsius. Some math: 32+9*30/5= 86 Fahrenheit…

I’m lucky to live in the lovely historic town of Zierikzee (yes, indeed worth some "googling") at the seaside and from my studio I can see ships move up and down with the tide so we always have some wind. But even the wind is hot and humid!

I think I ‘ll start working at 06.00 in the morning. In the afternoon the studio is like a sauna

Leen

PS I happen to buy my cd’s extremely cheap in bulk together with some colleagues
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 6, 2003
Leen, sounds like a wonderful setting! Hope the heat wave subsides soon for you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections