R
Posted By
Robert
Oct 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have purchased the full version of CS3. Some time back, I thought I had read that you had to uninstall all prior versions of Photoshop before the new copy could be installed. Is this so. I have the full copy of 5.5, and upgrade of CS2 installed. Do I need to uninstall these before installing CS3?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Rob
Oct 7, 2007
Robert wrote:
I have purchased the full version of CS3. Some time back, I thought I had read that you had to uninstall all prior versions of Photoshop before the new copy could be installed. Is this so. I have the full copy of 5.5, and upgrade of CS2 installed. Do I need to uninstall these before installing CS3?

Rob

No

I run a mix
MS
Malcolm Smith
Oct 8, 2007
I agree no need to remove earlier versions (I have CS CS2 and CS3 on my PC system) except I recollect there was a problem requiring the CS3 beta to be removed before loading release CS3.

Malcolm
JB
just bob
Oct 12, 2007
Just be aware CS3 will break CS2, as far as Bridge integration. That’s what happened to me. CS2 bridge will launch CS3, etc. There are some work around but none ever worked right to me. To restore CS2 back to where it had no interference from CS3 install I removed all Adobe products and started over, and did not reinstall CS3…. yet.

"Robert" wrote in message

Rob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections