B
Posted By
Benny
Oct 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS3 with Bridge and all the latest updates.

When I try to open a jpeg from Bridge into Camera Raw all I get is a greyed out "Open in Camera Raw".

Any solutions?

thanks

Benny

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
ronviers
Oct 5, 2007
On Oct 5, 5:13 am, "Benny" <no spam > wrote:
When I try to open a jpeg from Bridge into Camera Raw all I get is a greyed out "Open in Camera Raw".

Any solutions?

thanks

Benny

Hi Benny,
I am not sure it is reasonable to expect ACR to open non-raw files – even CS3 (which I do not have).

Good luck,
Ron
B
Benny
Oct 5, 2007
wrote in message
When I try to open a jpeg from Bridge into Camera Raw all I get is a greyed
out "Open in Camera Raw".

Any solutions?

thanks

Benny

Hi Benny,
I am not sure it is reasonable to expect ACR to open non-raw files – even CS3 (which I do not have).

Good luck,
Ron

Hi Ron
Yes Bridge CS3 now allows jpegs and tiff files to be opened in ACR. One of the new features.
I have just found a way around the problem. It appears that I needed to purge both the cache for ACR as well as the cache for Bridge. This seemed to take a couple of goes but it now allows both file types to be opened in ACR. regards
Benny
R
ronviers
Oct 5, 2007
On Oct 5, 7:05 am, "Benny" <no spam > wrote:
wrote in message

When I try to open a jpeg from Bridge into Camera Raw all I get is a greyed
out "Open in Camera Raw".

Any solutions?

thanks

Benny

Hi Benny,

Good luck,
Ron

Hi Ron
Yes Bridge CS3 now allows jpegs and tiff files to be opened in ACR. One of the new features.
I have just found a way around the problem. It appears that I needed to purge both the cache for ACR as well as the cache for Bridge. This seemed to take a couple of goes but it now allows both file types to be opened in ACR. regards
Benny

Good to know – hopefully Adobe will get the cache thing worked out with a minor update. Thanks Benny.

Ron
MS
Malcolm Smith
Oct 7, 2007
Benny

Do you go into Browse, highlight a jpeg thumbnail and then go to file menu and FILE>OPEN IN CAMERA RAW

Malcolm

"Benny" <no spam > wrote in message

Any solutions?

thanks

Benny
B
Benny
Oct 7, 2007
Malcolm
Yes or you can also right-click and select.
Benny

"Malcolm Smith" wrote in message
Benny

Do you go into Browse, highlight a jpeg thumbnail and then go to file menu and FILE>OPEN IN CAMERA RAW

Malcolm

Any solutions?

thanks

Benny

R
Rob
Oct 7, 2007
Benny wrote:

Malcolm
Benny

Just as a matter of curiosity have you been able to open ANY Jpeg this way? Like other cameras etc.

Try opening the Jpeg in PB and save as then try opening it into camera raw.

Benny

Malcolm

Any solutions?

thanks

Benny

B
Benny
Oct 8, 2007
Rob
Not quite sure what you mean.
What is PB? Other cameras?
Benny

"Rob" wrote in message
Benny wrote:

Malcolm
Benny

Just as a matter of curiosity have you been able to open ANY Jpeg this way? Like other cameras etc.

Benny

Malcolm

Any solutions?

thanks

Benny
R
Rob
Oct 8, 2007
Benny wrote:

Rob
Not quite sure what you mean.
What is PB? Other cameras?
Benny

(should have been PS)

Try opening it in Photoshop and "save as" then have a go at opening it through ACR.

Not sure which camera you have but are all the jpegs the same that you can’t open them or is it just from one particular camera?

If I take bracketed shots with my Nikon only the 0 shot will open in camera raw. the -1 and +1 are greyed out.

"Rob" wrote in message

Benny wrote:

Malcolm
Benny

Benny

Malcolm

Any solutions?

thanks

Benny
JB
just bob
Oct 12, 2007

Any solutions?

As you found out it was the cache. I’ve had this happen even in CS2 with RAW files – if you get too busy moving files to diferent folders the cache needs to be cleared before some thumbnails will be displayed.

So it’s been a PITA since CS2 and still not fixed in CS3.

How Adobe can have their bread and butter app so effed up is just amazing to me.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections