SM
Posted By
Sharon Mosley
Aug 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone please tell me the differences and which one is better for editing photos the easiest and the best?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 4, 2003
Sharon, there are a couple regular forum participants who have experience with both software packages; hopefully, one of them will stop by soon and respond to your question.

One point, though – ‘easiest’ and ‘best’ are not always found in the same package. Many people find Elements to be a little daunting at first, but once they get up the learning curve, they marvel at what they can do with it. You’ve come to a place where the use of Elements has been pushed toward its limits – and the limits haven’t yet been reached. At the same time, there are some of us who use its basic features for simple editing, cropping, e-mailing and web use; we’re happy campers, too!

Chuck
GD
Grant Dixon
Aug 4, 2003
Sharon

I have both and use both but if I could only have one it would be Elements. Paintshop Pro is a brilliant product with lots of add-ins and does an admirable job and I do wish that Elements had some of those toys . Elements has fewer add-ins but what it does it does very fast in comparison and for me the speed difference is very important. Another great advantage of Elements is that there are a bazillion books out there to help you get the best out of the program (most things covered in Photoshop books apply to Elements). If you only had and used one you of these you would be content with it. At the present time Elements is selling a for a considerable bit less than PSP 8.

That being said maybe you should down load the respective trials and give them a try. Don’t use them at the same time but try one for a month and then down load and try the other for a month. The time will not be wasted as you will pick up all sorts of editing trick as you go.

Try the Challenge with each one and see what works best for you.

g.
R
Ray
Aug 5, 2003
Don’t forget, Sharon, asking which one is the best on the Photoshop Elements forum is likely to result in Elements being the answer 😉

I once used PaintShop Pro 7 for a few weeks, but I’ve sticked with Elements. It’s the best!

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections