Posted By
Ray
Aug 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi group!

Here’s what we’ve accomplished this week..

Filters’ class : http://www.pbase.com/carbone/filters_lesson4 Photoshop Elements : http://www.pbase.com/carbone/elements2_lesson4

Enjoy 🙂

Ray

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 2, 2003
Ray, some great stuff there! Please tell us how you did the exposure setting for the Photomerge; did you ‘freeze’ the exposure values across all the images in order to avoid the telltale areas of different exposure?

Chuck
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 2, 2003
Very nice ! Love that guinea pig ….I see PS7 loaned some space on the box for that 😉

Classes look like fun. You seem to be doing very well. R U graded in these classes ? I give ya an A+ 😉
R
Ray
Aug 2, 2003
Chuck,

Unfortunately, no, I completely forgot to switch the cam to manual… (People, please, hit me hard so that I learn the lesson!). So, I balanced them using level adjustment layers, seperately, untill it seemed to blend "normally". If you look closely, on the bottom part, in the middle, you’ll see I had to improvise to make the blending more nature (blur, clone, colorize, etc.) The left side is a little lighter, that’s because the sky wasn’t covered equally. Sun light was almost getting through.

Overall, I was proud enough that I printed it. It gave me a wonderfull 4 x 10 – like an APS camera!

Ray
R
Ray
Aug 2, 2003
Thanks Jodi!

There’s no grade for these classes. However, we are receiving certificates only if we complete successfully all the exercises (and extra works). Even more, it’s recognized as an educational institution so we have access to academic prices for some softwares. That’s cool for the US students.

For the PS7 box, I thought of first using my own box of cereals, but… since I’m currently having Shreded weats, the box is brown (in Canada that is), and my guinea pig wouldn’t have contrasted enough. Thought of discoloring him, but… he’s so sweet, I just couldn’t hurt his feelings 🙂

Ray
R
Ray
Aug 2, 2003
Chuck,

My friend Rick has Canon EOS IX. It’s discontinued, but it’s an APS SLR film camera, using my EOS 10D lenses (EF system). I buy the lenses, he use them 😉 It has all the modes I have on my Elan 7e (manual, semi-assisted and green zones modes), a flash hot shoe, remote control, etc.

With 100 ASA film, it used to do very nice pictures, much like this one. But, Kodak and Fuji (the leaders in APS films) have discontinued this sensitivity. Nowadays, we can only find 200 and 400, whereas we could find 100, 200, 400 and 800 one year ago.

Prior to that, he had a Fuji APS. We couldn’t throw it fast enough to the trash can. Moved to Canon (as per my continued insistence!) and loved the results! Then, he moved to this SLR (as per, again, my insistence!). Next move, I’m trying to have him switch for my Elan 7e (for the better choice of films).

If you’re curious about the EOS IX, go check it at :
http://www.pbase.com/carbone/misc (the two last pictures)

Ray
R
Ray
Aug 2, 2003
I don’t know what other company did that but Canon were not alone. They realized that this camera was too small and too heavy and that APS reached its limit, discontinued it a few years after its initial launch (I believe two years). They launched a Lite edition later, but never had success. They discontinued their line of APS SLR for good. Nowadays, their Point & Shoot models are quite impressive. Within the limit of APS format, that is (over ISO 100 you start to see grain in regular format picture, not to mention extensive grain in 4 x 10). We found this beauty on E-Bay.

Short story : we bougth it two weeks prior to leaving for France, last year. The guy selling this camera was kind enough to ship it before receiving the payment! He was a pro photographer and when he saw my current camera sets, he must have figured I was serious. We received it in time for a quick test trial, and we were able to leave for Paris with it, knowing the quality of pictures we’d get in return! There is still honnest and trusting people 🙂

Ray

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections