DM
Posted By
dave milbut
Jul 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Mathias Vejerslev "Special symbols €, ©, ® and ™" 1/24/02 2:42pm </cgi-bin/webx?50/1>

numlock on, from the numeric keypad:

Copyright © is ALT+0169

©

dave

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

I
iskender
Jul 18, 2003
thanks…. it wasnt working thats why i posted…but I realise now I was using a font that didnt have the ©!!
Isk
JS
Jan Smit
Nov 27, 2003
Hi Can anyone tell me wher to find thecopyright sign, Th eletter "c"in a little circle, in a ps.
Hi Can anyone tell me wher to find thecopyright sign, Th eletter "c"in a little circle, in a ps.

Try typing in: Alt ( + ) 0169
SH
Shelagh Holder
Nov 27, 2003
Hi

No problem

Switch Num lock on
Hold down Alt key & type (numeric pad) 0169

Cheers

Les

"Jan Smit" wrote in message

JS
Jan Smit
Nov 27, 2003
Sorry

I forgot to tell that
E
edjh
Nov 27, 2003
Jan Smit wrote:
Sorry

I forgot to tell that ám using a Mac….
"Shelagh Holder" schreef in bericht

Hi

No problem

Switch Num lock on

Cheers

Les

"Jan Smit" wrote in message

Hi Can anyone tell me wher to find thecopyright sign, Th eletter "c"in

a

little circle, in a ps.
Not at my Mac today but I believe it’s Option-g. You should have something called KeyCaps installed on your machine which will give you all the special character.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
JJ
Jay Jhabrix
Nov 28, 2003
"Shelagh Holder" wrote in message
Hi

No problem

Switch Num lock on

Cheers

Les

Funny…. with me it works whether i have Num Lock on or off….

Cheers…

JJ
CD
Chris Dillon
Nov 29, 2003
Jan Smit wrote:
I forgot to tell that ám using a Mac….

© = opt_G

Regards
Christopher Dillon
Onemouse .-‘
+—————————————— _|__–+
| One Man & His Mouse Design Consultancy / \ |
| |()_()| |
| Cambridge \{o o}/ |
| New Zealand =\o/= |
+—————————————— ^ ^ –+
S
surajb
Oct 14, 2005
I am using adobe 7 professional and trying to create service mark any idea how to crate this
M
MMnospam
Oct 14, 2005
I am using adobe 7 professional and trying to create service mark any idea how to crate this

Try Alt/0169 (in Windows)
P
Phosphor
Oct 14, 2005
What’s "Adobe 7 professional"?

Nevermind. Don’t bother answering. Doesn’t matter, anyway.

Look to your Windows OS Character Map accessory for all the keyboard combinations for any particular font.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 14, 2005
It’s usually under one of the Accessories menus from start menu:programs.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 14, 2005
….or type charmap at the run prompt.
JC
Jan_C._Doddy
Oct 14, 2005
OK, in the charactor map, if you choose the © or the ® it show alt+0169 and alt+0174 respectivly on the bottom right, what does U+0104 mean? (Different charactor here) Some only show a code on the left side and not the keystroke on the right. So, what is the U+0104 and how do you input this if for some dumb reason I want to use a charactor other than the ones that give you the keystroke?

Just for the fun of it!

Jan
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 14, 2005
how do you input this if for some dumb reason I want to use a charactor other than the ones that give you the keystroke?

Read that Charmap dialog. It shows that you can select characters from the map, and copy them into the clipboard.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 14, 2005
The key combinations vary according to the character set selected.
S
surajb
Oct 14, 2005
Hi All

Thanks for your response, by the way I am trying to get Service Mark(sm)charecter using chamap, I am unable to locat sm charecter , is any one has any idea how to find this?(even I try to use Lucida Sans Unicode charechter)but nothing I found. your advise appreciate.
T
Telemanr
Oct 14, 2005
In the Character Map, choose Lucida Sans Unicode and then scroll down a little past the middle until you see the Euro sign in the extreme left of one of the rows.
The row below this has the SM sign. You can Select and then Copy this to the clipboard and then use Ctrl V to paste it into PhotoShop using the Text tool (with Lucida Sans Unicode chosen as the font, of course.

Rob
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 14, 2005
John,

The key combinations vary according to the character set selected.

For some characters there are no keyboard combos.

What I don’t understand is why you wouldn’t type SM and then tweak it with the text palette.
S
surajb
Oct 14, 2005
John

What I am trying to do is, I am using adobe professional 7 software to create PDF templates and merge the templates with a dynamic data on fly. For this I am using Adobe 7 professional and Java software. As per one of my requirement I should able to create the following symbols
Copyright, register mark, trademark and service mark using java and Html (in pdf).

I find out creating these characters ©®&tm.

But I wasn’t able to find a solution for creating sm character’s, which is service mark in Html.

As an alternative approach I try to use
<super>sm</super> super script and Unicode #8508 characters. The problem with these two is, we can render super scripts and Unicode characters using browser but my case I am using PDF documents, so this is little tricky and trying work on this.

As per Bob suggestion I found that SM character from Lucida Sans Unicode, but when I try to copy and past in my html program it’s just showing question mark. I am not sure how can we resolve this. I am still working on it. If you happens to know any info please do forward me.

I appreciate all your responses.
P
Phosphor
Oct 14, 2005
Let’s get you straightened out once and for all, Surajb. Them you can continue on with asking questions.

There is no such application called "Adobe 7 professional."

"Adobe" is the name of the company which makes many different software applications.

Are you referring to Adobe Photoshop 7? If this is the case, you don’t need to add "professional" anywhere in the description.

Are you referring to Adobe Acrobat professional? If that’s the case, then you really should be asking your questions in the Acrobat for Windows Forum <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b2f2>.

Thank you for allowing me to clear that up.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 16, 2005
you’re such a nit picker phos. but then, that’s part of your charm. 🙂
P
Phosphor
Oct 16, 2005
I only pick on the stuff that makes a difference, or makes it difficult to interpret someone’s question.

It’d be wrong to just let someone who is interested in the subject matter to continue using an incomplete, or incorrect name or terminolgy.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 16, 2005
You mean iron isn’t melted in a blasfamer to make steel? Well, well.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 16, 2005
stop torturing me phos! why must you torment me so?!! 🙂
P
Phosphor
Oct 16, 2005
Sooo, it’s all about you, then, is it?

Just be happy your spelling isn’t as bad as T_DO’s!

Well, no matter anyway, I only bust on him when he cranks out a particularly funny typo.

Uh-Oh, gotta go!…I think I hear the shuffle-drag-thunk footsteps of the R/O Zombies approaching!

😉
RL
Robert Levine
Oct 16, 2005
Good hearing!

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections