SP
Posted By
Stephan POT
Jul 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m always on the lookout for Photoshop techniques that can enhance the quality of my prints. I recently learned of one that is simplicity itself to use but which can dramatically enhance the apparent dynamic range of an image without compressing either the highlights or shadows. Use the UNSHARP MASK with following settings :

Amount – 20%
Radius – 50
Threshold – 0

Source : www.luminous-landscape.com

Kind regards,
Stephan
freelance photographer
www.stephan-pot.itgo.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mister Max
Jul 25, 2003
Stephan POT posted:

I’m always on the lookout for Photoshop techniques that can enhance the quality of my prints. I recently learned of one that is simplicity itself to use but which can dramatically enhance the apparent dynamic range of an image without compressing either the highlights or shadows. Use the UNSHARP MASK with following settings :

Amount – 20%
Radius – 50
Threshold – 0

Source : www.luminous-landscape.com
It is a great setting to remove haze or brighten pictures. I learned it long ago at
http://www.lonestardigital.com/photoshop_quicktips.htm
and I use their setting, 20%, 60, 4.
– Max

MisterMax
Slideshows of Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, Maui, Malaysia, Morocco, Sicily (new), St Tropez, Thailand, Tour de France:
http://buten.net/max/
(Yes,RemoveDoubles is part of my email address. The double letters in my last name are not.)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections