GS
Posted By
George_Simian
Feb 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PSCS with no issues, but when I try to create a metadata template with my copyright info, it does not save. I go through the dialog box of naming and saving, but, after that, the pull-down menue does not show the newly named template.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
George

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PD
Paul_D._Ferguson
Feb 23, 2004
Hi George,

It works for me, not sure what the problem might be. If you choose "Show Templates", Photoshop should open the folder where the template files are stored (the default location is ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP/Metadata Templates). Do you see your template files there?

Paul
GS
George_Simian
Feb 29, 2004
Hi Paul,
No, there is nothing in the metadata folder!
I’m not surprised, as, after filling out the Make Template message box, and clicking OK, it fails to show the new name in the pull-down menu.
I’ve tried rebuilding the prefs, that didn’t do anything. Are there any specific files (those mysterious .plist??????) that I should throw out? Thanks,
George
PD
Paul_D._Ferguson
Mar 1, 2004
I don’t know why it’s failing for you, but here’s a couple things to consider.

First, do you have the basic folder structure indicated by the path (~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP/Metadata Templates)? If so, can you create a file inside the Metadata Templates folder? This will help rule out a file permissions problem.

Secondly, do you have any unusual characters (specifically, non-ASCII characters) in the name of your hard disk, your account name, etc. that might cause the full path to your home folder to have non-ASCII characters in them? I’m not sure whether this would cause it to fail, but it may be a factor.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections