RR
Posted By
roger rivest
Jul 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do you transfer photos to a web site created a web galery folder.how do you transfer them on to my web page. am totaly green on this matter.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
JuergenDirrigl
Jul 31, 2003
Roger,

You have to be able to communicate with your website. I am using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client to accomplish this, an older version of WS_FTP. If you don’t have something like this, there seem to be some free downloads available. I didn’t get into it too far, but start by checking here <http://www.ftpplanet.com/download.htm>. Once you have the client, I’m sure you can find your way through the instructions and help files.
Hope this helps.

Juergen

Edit: If your website is with your ISP, they might have the client for you, too.
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 31, 2003
"Once you have the client, I’m sure you can find your way through the instructions and help files. "

Sure. Right. Actually I’ve been fiddling with the same kind of project since yesterday, using Fetch for Mac. I keep missing one critical step, and my kid is gonna quit speaking to me if I don’t get this right pretty soon! 🙂 Good luck, Roger!
J
JuergenDirrigl
Jul 31, 2003
Beth,

Sorry. I have to admit I went through quite some trial and error first myself. And I’m not particularly good at reading manuals and instructions. Only if everything else fails….
🙂

Juergen
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 31, 2003
The manuals and instructions don’t seem to be doing me much good. I burrowed down in the administrative area of the site and see where my upload "uploaded", but I can’t find it! Grrr. And all of this after I found I had no DSL service this morning after the ISP did an upgrade sometime in the middle of the night. I should have known better than to try working on a website after spending a half hour getting the internet connection operating again! But some people just never learn. Oh, my.
J
JuergenDirrigl
Jul 31, 2003
Beth,

Tomorrow will be a better day! 🙂

Juergen
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 31, 2003
Hmmm. I think I said that to myself yesterday when I couldn’t get it uploaded. But thanks for your reassurance. 🙂
DS
Dick Smith
Jul 31, 2003
My 2 cents worth…..

Getting the FTP client and getting it set up is one thing. Usually not to difficult but it seems like my different sites and/or ISP’s do it just enough differently that you can’t write any hard and fast rules.

Before I got my own domain and was using web space offered by BellSouth, I had to learn how they wanted it set up. Somewhere in their on-line docs I found it.

The hardest part for me was remembering what folder contained all of the web page files. My current web host uses a folder called HTDOCS. Another web page host that I use has a folder called HTML. Once you locate that, it starts to get a bit easier.

I’m currently using SmartFTP: http://www.smartftp.com/. I also use the FTP client built into GoLive 6.0.

Dick
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 31, 2003
I did it!!! I knew I was only missing one teensy piece. After I had the folder in Fetch, I needed to drag it into an html folder that was sitting there. (I kinda wondered what that thing was for!) There was probably another way to do it, but at least I finally got a test batch posted, and Jodi could see the racoon from 3,000 miles away!
DS
Dick Smith
Jul 31, 2003
Hey, Ken…

It’s a start….at least folks don’t get a"Web Page not Found" error….

Dick
P
Phosphor
Jul 31, 2003
Oops, forgot to mention Transmit, another popular shareware ftp client.
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 31, 2003
You know, Barbara, when I was downloading Fetch yesterday, I noticed they were still offering a previous version and wondered why. They might like their old stuff better, too! Someone else had mentioned Transmit. I don’t do a lot of this (or could you tell?!) and had planned on trying a couple of different apps before I settled on one.

I’m pretty sure the problem I was having earlier today and yesterday didn’t have much to do with the software I was using, though. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections