CC
Posted By
Chris Christy
Jul 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sometimes when I click on a thumbnail in the browser window, the thumbnail acquires a yellow color cast, which then remains on the photo when I bring it up. How do I get rid of the cast and how do I prevent it from occuring?
Any help greatly appreciated

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth Haney
Jul 31, 2003
I don’t have an answer for you, Chris, but post some platform and system info. That might make it easier for someone else to come to your rescue! Troubleshooting can sometimes be different on Wins versus Macs.
RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 31, 2003
Chis,

Sounds like it could be a Video card issue. Try updating your driver.

Rich
CC
Chris Christy
Jul 31, 2003
Thanks Beth: I’m using Windows ME and photoshop elements. The thumbnails came from a CD which I got with the processing of the prints.
Thanks also Rich: Wouldn’t a video card issue affect other photos as well?
RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 31, 2003
It is just the sticky cast that you are getting that makes me think video card. Worth a shot. Not certain that I’m right.

Rich
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 31, 2003
However, Chris, when Rich speaks, we listen. Since he’s with Adobe, we figure if anybody has the solution to a problem, it’ll be him!
CC
Chris Christy
Aug 1, 2003
I have been reluctant to follow Rich’s advice cause the idea of fooling around with drivers and video cards gives me the shivers. But in view of the authority I will "take a stab at it".

Thanks

Chris
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 1, 2003
Yes, Chris! Be daring! Drivers aren’t very scary, but my computer keeps asking for a new card. Now that generates a lot of shivering on my part. 🙂
CC
Chris Christy
Aug 1, 2003
But what if the drivers driving an SUV. BTW, how does one find a driver and a video card?
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 1, 2003
Oh, let’s start with the video card, because it’s much easier! Somewhere with the documentation for your computer, you got something that tells which video card is installed. I happen to know I’ve got an ATI Rage 128. I did a Google search for "drivers ATI Rage 128" and got a number of different sites where I could download the most current driver. (Which wouldn’t be a bad idea for me to do, either, now that I think about it. Maybe I could avoid replacing the card.)

Now the bad news is that I was poking around in folders on this Mac and had trouble finding where it was identified by name. So, I hope you either have better luck than I did finding it identified within the computer itself or that you’ve got it written down someplace! Once you get the name/model, doing the Google thing is simple.

I’d make a comment about SUVs, but I don’t want to start a range war!
CC
Chris Christy
Aug 3, 2003
Beth and Rich: I have discovered the source of the difficulty (I think). All of the photos that have acquired the yellow cast where taken from floppy discs by "Photonet". Fortunately I have the negatives and a good scanner, so not all is lost. And also, forunately, there are only about 5 or 6 of the photonet disks. All the rest are on Kodak CDs, and I have now shifted entirely to scanning my negs myself. Many many thanks for your generous and gracious help to an old neophyte.
Chris
CC
Chris Christy
Aug 4, 2003
Beth: Yep. But I did find the video card. It’s an Intel one which Intel says is now history, no service, no upgrades avaiable. That’s when I turned elsewhere. Thanks again. Chris
CC
Chris Christy
Aug 8, 2003
I do profusely apologize about the state of the horse. It’s an ancient saying which I shudna said. BTAIM, the images actually do maintain the yellow cast when I bring them up in PSE. And, something I just discovered, if i go to enhance and color and click remove the color, the color cast is still there although all the other colors have gone. When I bring them up from the Photonet floppy into PSE, the cast is on them. Minor editing and saving to the hard disc doesn’t get rid of the cast.
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 8, 2003
I was really only joshing a little! I’ve used that expression a lot in my time, too, but it just struck me as a strange coincidence to see it on the screen right after I finished reading about the dead horse! 🙂

I always forget about that EXIF issue; let’s hope Byron is on to something with his suggestion.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections