A2
Posted By
Andy 23
Jul 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to put Frames or Borders around your picture? And if so how do you find the Frames and how do you do that to your picture?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

A2
Andy 23
Jul 30, 2003
Can you please give me Step by Step Instructions on doing this.
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 30, 2003
Andy, I’d like to kindly suggest you do your studying on the use of Layers first. Understanding that concept will be important before you tackle frames and/or borders.
ML
Marty Landolt
Jul 30, 2003
ANDY,
I told you that you’d get a Fast answer and kind of figured it could be from Beth. She’s a wizz. Guess what, I can do a little of that too so don’t give up. I am still new and struggling. Maybe you can email someone for help. You might also find help on the Adobe Photo Deluxe forum. Ask for Debbie.
Marty ()
PD
Pete D
Jul 30, 2003
Andy,

Here is a quick step by step on Frames:

With your picture open Look in the "Layers Palette" on top left of screen and find "Effects"
Click on that folder tab that says Effects.
Just below the word Effects it says "All"
Click on the down arrow and click "frames"
Choose the frame you like by clicking on it and holding! Now drag that frame over and on top of your picture…let go of mouse The frame will be added to your picture.
Resize if desired for printing

(There are more advanced ways of making your own frames but for now try to just stick with the ones that are there)

Pete
CH
Carol Halbach
Aug 3, 2003
How do you type text inside the frame, but not on the picture? I can get text on the picture but not outside of it in a border. Thanks
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 3, 2003
Carol, if I understand the question, you can accomplish what you’re after by increasing the canvas size. Go to Image>Resize>Canvas Size and add to either the length, the width, or both. You’ll then have room for text. You can move the image around on the canvas, so you can place your text above, below, or off to either side. Then you can frame the whole thing.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections