KL
Posted By
Kim_Lucich
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I send my files to color copiers, B&W copiers, an imagesetter and a Quickmaster. I was reading about color profiles and was wondering exactly what those are. Are they mainly for display purposes? Should I have mine set on U.S. Prepress defaults or Photoshop 5 defaults? I’m using Photoshop 7.

Also, I frequently get messages when opening files that they use different color profiles. What should I be doing when this message comes up? I know I have 3 choices (don’t remember them off the top of my head) and was wondering is there a general rule of thumb? Do I discard their profile and use mine?

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AW
Allen_Wicks
Feb 20, 2004
Check out G. Ballard’s <http://www.gballard.net/nca.html#setuppsdcm>.
FB
Father_Blaise
Feb 21, 2004
Also you might want Real World Photoshop, I learned everything about colour management from this book. It is very professional and thorough.

FB
KL
Kim_Lucich
Feb 23, 2004
Thank you so much!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections