Posted By
JuergenDirrigl
Jul 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Andy,

If your paper is 8 1/2 x 11 you can set the print size to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2. You can then print one picture on one half of the paper, print the second picture on the other half when you feed the same paper upside down into the printer. The second picture will have to be rotated in PE2 by 180 degrees if you want to leave them both on the same page. You will have a pretty wide margin between the two images (1/2”+).

Juergen

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PL
Paul L UK
Jul 30, 2003
Andy

I am assuming the opposite of Juergen, that you want a border around the one picture.

Here goes.

Open picture.
Save as a new name (e.g. picture with border.jpg)
Create duplicate layer (layer>duplicate layer)
Select default colours (d-key)
Resize canvas (image>resize>canvas size). You should see the actual size of the canvas. You can change it by about 6-10% to get a decent border. For example for a 6×4 increase to 6.5×4.5.

Optional – To finish it off, swap default colours (x-key) and increase again by 0.01 inches on both, will add a very thin black line (Ok for displaying, a little blighter to cut around)

In Elements2 , in the resize canvas box, there it a tick box (relative or something like, have not got it in front of me) which should increase the height/width by the same amount.
Have a play to see what looks good.

Finally, re-save as new name.

To print, resize image to size that you are going to print (image>resize>image size), Flatten image (layer>flatten image)
Do an unsharp mask if needed.
Print picture (with crop marks if you are cutting it out)

Jobs a good’un

Paul
A2
Andy 23
Jul 30, 2003
I would like the border around each picture so who do listen to?
PL
Paul L UK
Jul 30, 2003
Andy

Sorry, just re-read

All the steps of mine fit to give a bordered picture, while Leens are good for printing two images on a sheet (without using picture package)

For layers, you may want to do a search on the forum, or have a look at <http://www.arraich.com/elements/pse_wwhy1.htm>

Paul
ML
Marty Landolt
Jul 30, 2003
ANDY,
Well, Well, here I am again. You are ‘making my day’. I can’t believe I know how to answer a question…but don’t have the guts to try. Go ahead and email me and at least I’ll steer you to someone who can help. I can give you a book title or copy of a page etc.
What software are you using and have you had Adobe Photo Deluxe? Marty

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections