Photoshop Elements Demo: Print Layouts disabled?

NL
Posted By
Nick Levitin
Jul 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can’t seem to get Print Layouts to work on the demo for the Mac. Print Layouts is grayed out. Does anyone know if this feature has been disabled for the demo? Perhaps not and I’m just doing something wrong. If anyone knows, your assitance would be very much appreciated. I am using a Canon i450 printer, if that makes a difference.
Nick

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Jul 31, 2003
Karen,

This works for me…

– Select the 3 images.

– File > Print

– Select Individual Prints, 4×6, Crop to Match.

PSA fits the 3 images onto one 8.5×11 page.

BTW, this is the Photoshop Elements forum. You may get additional responses by posing this question in the Photoshop Album forum.

Good luck!

Byron
P
pssequim
Jul 31, 2003
IN Elements 2–not photo album.I couldn’t tell, Karen, which program you wanted tips for, because both make album pages, I think APSE2 does it better and this is the way I do it.
CREATING AN ALBUM PAGE
1)Create new doc that will become the album page. Make it 8.0 X 10.5, set res to 240 a reasonable one for optimal printer dpi
2)Add photos to it (as many as you wish) Use your file>browse feature, or open>File, to select your pictures. While the first photo is active, click and drag its background layer from the layers palette onto the document window of the new doc where you want to place the image. Close the picture, repeat for additonal pictures, dragging each over to the new doc
3)Arrange, Crop and Size each photo on the new doc(album page) Use Move tool to arrange photos approximately where you want them, turn them, etc. To make it easy to see, use view>Fit on screen to maximize your viewable area. Drag your images up or down through the layers palette to bring to front or send to back any of them or overlap them attractively. (If a pic is too large you can Image>Transform>Freetransform, and hold the shift key to constrain.) Use Enter key to commit. If you need to crop one of the images, move it to top of layers palette and work the marquee tool to cut. (separate technique) Now you can resize or place the cropped photo exactly where you want it.
4) Add Drop Shadows etc to each (or none) of the images toggling through your layers…recommend saving at this step
5) Flatten Image now, and add text–multiple places on the page by several different text layers moved and positioned around your images.
Tip. Your album page is more interesting and prettier if you start with a textured background, so try that too. The technique I’ve described probably is actually collaging or montaging if you are looking for more skills. This is a fun way to make a scrapbook page where you have complete control over your display. Hope this helps.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 31, 2003
pssequim – very nice technique!
G
Gymbag
Aug 4, 2003
Again I direct you to ACDSee’s new
FOTO SLATE product. A great paper saver and it will print virtually what and how you want it printed.
RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 4, 2003
Jim,

Remember this is an Adobe forum and we usually try to help people to do what they want to accomplish within the program they own and not be sending them to other programs.

I’m only mentioning this because this is your 3rd posting that I’ve come across that mentions this program. It is beginning to look like advertising.

Rich

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections