Posted By
Josh_Lucchesi
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi –

This is probably super trivia to someone out there…

Is there a Photoshop 7.0.1 keyboard shortcut that will turn the Text tool into, say the Move tool.

When the Text tool is on, any key I press adds that letter to the text…I have lots of v’s in strange places;-)

Anyone?

Josh

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 20, 2004
If you press command, you should get the Move tool temporarily. If you simply drag your Type tool cursor outside the type block, you’ll also get the Move tool.
Z
zoozx
Feb 20, 2004
Is there a PSCS8 keyboard short cut to rotate the burn dodge and saturate tools – Range or Mode?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 20, 2004
You can rotate the burn dodge and saturate tools’ Range and Mode with: Option Shift D;
Option Shift M;
Option Shift S;
Option Shift H. etc.

These are similar to the Brush-mode shortcuts.

And Shift O cycles between the tools — but you probably knew that.
Z
zoozx
Feb 20, 2004
Thanks mucho!
DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 20, 2004
You can also get one of the tools while the other is active by holding the option key.
JL
Josh_Lucchesi
Feb 20, 2004
Doug –
Perfect – Thanks
Josh
Z
zoozx
Feb 20, 2004
I don’t follow you, holding the option key ? I don’t see any change PS8
DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 20, 2004
With your dodge tool active, press and hold the option key. As long as you have it pressed, your burn tool will be active. Similarly, with the burn tool active, you can invoke the dodge tool by holding the option key down.
Z
zoozx
Feb 20, 2004
I see, it works.
But this may be a bug, the Ikon in the tool bar does not change when you hold the option key. It functions as you describe, just no visual cue.
PS8 & OSX.2.3

Thanks!
DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 20, 2004
Not a bug. Same thing happens if you hold option with the blur tool: you get the sharpen tool. But no change in icon. Same with the eraser tool: with option pressed, you get the history eraser. But no change in icon. Always been that way.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Feb 20, 2004
For Photoshop Shortcuts, go to <http://user.fundy.net/morris/photoshop1.shtml>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 21, 2004
… or to Edit menu > Keyboard Shortcuts.
Or use another Shortcut: Cmd. Shift Option K.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections