Posted By
Pat ODoherty
Jul 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

We recently upgraded to PS7, which was all nice and dandy, having previously been stuck on PS5.5 for
quite some time. However, as I mostly use a pen and graphic tablet, I have noticed something anoying.
That didn’t seem to be the case with PS5.5. Whenever I draw or edit anything, I all seems very consentrated
within the middle of the actual brushsize, rather than feather out. Like one would expect from a "blurry" brush, and
what I am accustomed to from PS5.5.
I’ve tried playing around with tablet settings (and it all seems fine in the Wacom dialogue box), yet it keeps doing the
same thing in PS7. I’ve tried clicking the little airbrush symbol whilst working, and played around with flow, and
opacity as well. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone have any ideas about this, or know a fix ? Would be much appreciated.

TIA, H.J.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
n8 skow
Jul 22, 2003
Click on the ‘brushes’ tab on the right side of the top menut and turn the shape dynamics off…

n8

Hi all,

We recently upgraded to PS7, which was all nice and dandy, having
previously
been stuck on PS5.5 for
quite some time. However, as I mostly use a pen and graphic tablet, I have noticed something anoying.
That didn’t seem to be the case with PS5.5. Whenever I draw or edit anything, I all seems very consentrated
within the middle of the actual brushsize, rather than feather out. Like
one
would expect from a "blurry" brush, and
what I am accustomed to from PS5.5.
I’ve tried playing around with tablet settings (and it all seems fine in
the
Wacom dialogue box), yet it keeps doing the
same thing in PS7. I’ve tried clicking the little airbrush symbol whilst working, and played around with flow, and
opacity as well. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone have any ideas about this, or know a fix ? Would be much
appreciated.
TIA, H.J.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections