Posted By
Sharon_Garner
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I’ve read all of your responses and have tried exactly what Buko described. Doesn’t work. My web gallery still tries to open in InDesign. Very frustrating. I am sending a report to Adobe right now with the hopes that this will get resolved. Is there anyway to get the InDesign program to not be the default?
I am using the CS Premium (educational version…is this the problem?). Thanks to anyone who can help.
Sharon

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Feb 19, 2004
I have tried exactly what Buko described. Doesn’t work. My web gallery still tries to open in InDesign.

Then you did not do it right.

Adobe has nothing to do with this it is a system level thing.
SG
Sharon_Garner
Feb 19, 2004
"I find it odd that some people, when given an answer to their problem just argue about the problem instead of doing what they were told to solve said problem……"

Look, I am not arguing. Something isn’t right because I have done EXACTLY as I have been instructed by you, Adobe and NAPP. It just isn’t working. It is possible that something isn’t correct…maybe it’s my G3 Ibook, I don’t know. But, I still get InDesign opening after doing exactly what I have been instructed to do. I have written to this forum for information, figuring that someone, probably most folks, know much more than I do. I’m not going to argue with someone who has more knowledge. So, if there is something in my system that I need to look at, besides clicking on a .html doc, get info, choosing the browser and change all, Shut down computer, start again, then I’d love to know. Adobe says they’re getting many comments about this.
Again, I thank anyone who can help. Sharon
B
Buko
Feb 20, 2004
You don’t need to shut down the computer.

You may need to do it to both .html and .htm files

If it does not work then you have a seriously screwed up system.

this is basic system stuff nothing to do with Adobe.

Highlight the file in question.

do a get info.

Open with: (choose application)

click the change all button.

now double click on the file you changed without restarting.

it will open up in the application you just chose.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections