JE
Posted By
Jennifer_E._Mears
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do change the number of undos you are able to do in Photoshop? I thought you could do it in the preferences, but I guess not. THX for any help here.
Jennifer

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Feb 19, 2004
It’s not listed as "Undos" in General Preferences.

It’s number of History States.

Please look again.
JE
Jennifer_E._Mears
Feb 19, 2004
Yes, I have that set at 25, however it seems to be only for the number of histories as in the history palette. When I changed that it did not change the actual undo’s. You can only do one undo and then a redo.
P
Phosphor
Feb 19, 2004
Check your Quick Reference Card, or the Help Files, or look at the Preferences a little more closely.

There are keyboard shortcuts for regressing and advancing through the History Palette states, effectively allowing one handed time travel.
FB
Father_Blaise
Feb 22, 2004
Jennifer,

You need to press command-option-z to keep undoing since simply repeating command-z will undo your undo. 🙂

Sincerely,

Father Blaise
M
mwerner01
Jun 27, 2004
This should be an easy one.

I have not yet figured out how to undo multiple changes in a photo. Photoshop CS is supposed to be able to do this. So far, I am only able to undo the last change that I made, and none before that. What I mean is, being able to undo each change backward of the order in which I made it.

I hope this description is comprehensible. Thanks for any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections