DG
Posted By
Der_Golem
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here’s the problem my co-worker is having (and it’s weird) OS X 10.2.8 and PS 7 on a 1GHz dual processor G4.
He’s asked me for help because I convinced him to upgrade to OS X from OS 9.2.2.

He has a folder of 17MB TIFF images (he’s a photographer). He opens each one in PS to adjust and save to create a preview.

After he’s done this with three or four images, the preview from the fourth image duplicates itself onto the other files. I’ve turned off the image preview option in OS X for that window, so I don’t think that the OS is doing it.

Has anyone else had this happen? Or heard of anyone who had this happen? Or anything like it?

I’ve tried manually removing the previews and trying again, but it’s still doing it.

I did try trashing the PS preferences file but it’s still doing it.

I’m at a loss and he’s pretty annoyed (because this NEVER happened in OS 9).

I’d really appreciate ANY help you all can offer.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GB
g_ballard
Feb 19, 2004
I was plagued by that in 10.2x/PS7x — and never did get it working.

Since 10.3 I’ve not seen it.
B
bobkuj
Feb 21, 2004
I am on OS 10.2.8 and have the same problem of duplicate previews with Photoshop CS. However, not with Photoshop Elements 2.0 on the same machine.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections