RG
Posted By
Rich Gosselin
Jul 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Had PE2 on my old pent 3 machine, and everything ran just fine. Built a new one, p4, and can’t get the any upgrades (don’t think there are any there) or recipies (know there are some). Have read and tried all suggestions; off with firewalls, virus things, etc., even turned off hyper-threading thinking it might be duel processor problems, but to no avail.

Is there any Adobe support for newer machines/OS’s, or are they just letting users work this out? What’s the official methodology for fixing these things?

I’ve got a P4, 2.6 w/hyper-threading, Asus p4c800 deluxe board, 1 gig of mathed Mushkin ram, ATI 9700 Pro video, XP Pro with all upgrades, etc., so should have no problem with any of this…in fact, it’s only with Adobe products, PE2 & Acrobat I’m having any.

Any guesses?

Rich

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
showard
Jul 28, 2003
have exact same problem on a new computer p4 3.06 ghz. any ideas about a forthcoming patch?
RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 28, 2003
There is an issue with DP machines and Online Services. Try turning off one of the processors in the BIOS temporarily?

Rich
Q
Quaoar
Jul 29, 2003
Rich Gosselin wrote:
Thanks for all of your suggestions…and no Beth, I’m on a broadband connection, ComCast (which is suspect, but not in the area of blocking stuff like Adobe). The closest I ever came to AOL was Compuserve, before they were bought out…heck, they had one of the best graphics forums back in the days of … Win 3.1…even DOS !
Yep, maybe I’ll just have to wait, but it would be nice if they published something for this…Haven’t installed Ps7 yet…probably have the same issue with that…but to tell the truth, I mostly use PE2 these days…does everything I need, and seems to be easier to use…which is nice!

Rich

Here are a few off-the-wall things to try: power-cycle the cable modem; leave it unpowered for five minutes before restarting it.

If behind a router, check the router DNS settings for an old, invalid DNS server specification from long ago. The DNS server specs are usually defaulted to 0.0.0.0 for DHCP.

Set up the Bell Atlantic DNS servers in the router:
151.198.0.38 – these are fast and accurate, better than Comcast’s.

Google the search string: "dns corruption" xp , with the quotes. XP’s internal DNS cache can become disjointed resulting in failures to connect to sites just as you see.

Q

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections