CB
Posted By
Carol_Braden
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have someone running Photoshop 6 on a Mac G4 dual processor in OS 10.2.8 (in Classic). When he sets his gamma settings and saves he gets a message "The screen preferences could not be saved. Your custom gamma table will not be persistent between restarts." Sure enough, whenever he restarts his settings are gone. Does anyone know why this is happening? He has restarted using OS 9.2 (not in Classic) and gets the same message. Is there a preference in Photoshop where this can be set and we just don’t know where it is?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GB
g_ballard
Feb 19, 2004
I can’t understand where PS would give you that message.

Where/how are you setting the gamma?

I would try running the Apple monitor Calibrator while booted into each OS…searches here should give more info on color mana gement and sour installs.
B
Buko
Feb 19, 2004
Its because he is trying to run Adobe Gamma in Classic. this won’t work. You can only adjust your monitor with the monitor control panel in OSX prefs.
AS
andrew_spiering
Feb 20, 2004
I do not advise using the adobe gamma tool, just use the adobeRBG1998 profile which is the best profile possible and to get that just go into your system prefs and select display and then go to color… then from there select adobeRBG1998… because there is no adobegamma tool that works right in osx
B
Buko
Feb 20, 2004
Here is another monitor calibrator

<http://www.boxwork.com/framesite/gammawork2.html>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections