FH
Posted By
Frederick_Hall
Aug 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m attempting to profile the Epson 2000P but can’t find the way to disable color management as required by the procedure. Any fatherly advice?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
brent_bertram
Aug 31, 2004
In the Epson driver, click the "custom" box , then "Advanced" . On Advanced page, under Color Management, click "No Color Adjustment" .
That is the same setting you’ll use , when you print from the media profiles you create.

🙂

Brent
FH
Frederick_Hall
Aug 31, 2004
Got it! Thank you, Brent.
BB
brent_bertram
Aug 31, 2004
Good goin’, son !

🙂
FH
Frederick_Hall
Sep 1, 2004
That hurdle is passed. Now Monaco detects a problem with the scan; Monaco tech support believes it’s because Microtek ScanMaker 4700’s color management wasn’t turned off. My choices were all "No Correction." What else is required? Please.
BB
brent_bertram
Sep 1, 2004
Not familiar with scanner. What sort of problem with the scan ? Any clue. Did you scan at 200 ppi ? The only error I’ve seen on my Epson scanners, is if I inadvertently scan at over 200 ppi resolution.

😕

Brent
FH
Frederick_Hall
Sep 1, 2004
Thanks again. Ooops! Setting the resolution at 200 isn’t an option, so I chose 300 rather than 150. Your response gives me a key. Great! I’ll try at 150.
FH
Frederick_Hall
Sep 1, 2004
No luck this time. (Maybe my query to Microtek support will bear fruit.)
BB
brent_bertram
Sep 1, 2004
Monaco support may be a resource , also. Don’t leave them out !

🙂
FH
Frederick_Hall
Sep 1, 2004
Brent…

I found I was able to dial in 200 dpi, and the profiling worked. (Of course the dpi has to be correct to get the two versions of color to "register" for comparison.)

Thanks again; your message put me on the track toward a solution.

Fred

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections