Posted By
Reza_Saheban
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi.
I want to make something by PS and import it into FH(FreeHand) .Which format should I use for importing into FH for better quality? (Save PS file as bmp or tif?)
Please answer my question for these two types of works:

1.For making web graphics?
2.For printing media like designing catalog?

Regards
Reza

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 18, 2004
TIF. Only TIF. If your FreeHand artwork will be resaved for web or print, you’re always better off with the best ingredients, and TIF is it. Don’t resample either, let that occur when you save down to JPEG or whatever format you need.

Use EPS from Freehand when going to print. And always keep the original FH file.
A
allenatl
Feb 19, 2004
As Scott said, TIF for print work.
If you need to use a clipping path, it’s okay to save as Photoshop EPS. Otherwise, stick with TIF.

For web graphics save a copy of the file as a 72dpi JPEG.
DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 19, 2004
FreeHand supports TIF with clipping path. (Unfortunately, it’s sometimes a little goofy, failing to import the path in the exact shape it was created in PS, but this may have been improved in the latest MX update.)
SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 20, 2004
For web graphics save a copy of the file as a 72dpi JPEG.

I disagree. Always use the best quality source for your work. When you save down to a JPEG from FreeHand, the high resolution TIFF will be rendered to the same low resolution as your FreeHand shapes. This will give you the most freedom to distort the image without further degrading the quality.
A
allenatl
Feb 20, 2004
Sorry, Scott. For saving as a jpeg, I was referring to the Photoshop file, not the FreeHand file. Always save as jpeg from the original file if the web graphic consists of just the Photoshop file and FreeHand is not used.
If , on the other hand, you’re placing the graphic in FreeHand, adding text or other FreeHand elements, and then saving the entire FreeHand file as a jpeg-
stick with the high-resolution tiff for the placed graphic.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections