S
Posted By
spamcatcher
Jul 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am playing with the demo of CS3 and have a problem with a flickering cursor. I get the tool’s cursor (like the Lasso tool or Brush tool), but also have the Window arrow alternating with the tool cursor.

Same thing happens on the various Pallets. I get the pointy finger, but also the Windows arrow flickering.

Any suggestion? The machine is a home built Core 2 Duo with an NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GS video card running Windows XP. No problem with CS2.

Any help appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
Joel
Jul 13, 2007
(Eric) wrote:

I am playing with the demo of CS3 and have a problem with a flickering cursor. I get the tool’s cursor (like the Lasso tool or Brush tool), but also have the Window arrow alternating with the tool cursor.
Same thing happens on the various Pallets. I get the pointy finger, but also the Windows arrow flickering.

In the past several month, I have been pretty sick (new medicine causing side-effect) to have much chance to explode my new CS3 yet to know much about it. But I do have few minor displaying issues with CS3

I don’t think I have flicking problem (kind of) but sometime is hard to select some command, or it may take few tries for it to accept. And one of the major problem I noticed that I can’t set the "FEATHER" which I often use.

Any suggestion? The machine is a home built Core 2 Duo with an NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GS video card running Windows XP. No problem with CS2.
Any help appreciated.

Sorry that I can’t be any help…. and I really need to get better to finish and speed up some works.
Y
Yoda
Jul 13, 2007
"Eric" wrote in message
I am playing with the demo of CS3 and have a problem with a flickering cursor. I get the tool’s cursor (like the Lasso tool or Brush tool), but also have the Window arrow alternating with the tool cursor. Any help appreciated.
Yes I may be able to help
Have you got any plugins installed?
I had exactly the same problem, and noticed it after Ihad installed some plugins, I uninstalled them one at a time until I found the culprit (cant remember which one caused the problem)
J
Joel
Jul 13, 2007
"Yoda" wrote:

"Eric" wrote in message
I am playing with the demo of CS3 and have a problem with a flickering cursor. I get the tool’s cursor (like the Lasso tool or Brush tool), but also have the Window arrow alternating with the tool cursor. Any help appreciated.
Yes I may be able to help
Have you got any plugins installed?
I had exactly the same problem, and noticed it after Ihad installed some plugins, I uninstalled them one at a time until I found the culprit (cant remember which one caused the problem)

There must be something ain’t right with the cusor, selecting (and my Feather selection), because I can feel many commands won’t response as quick as normal, and I have noticed that on the first day without any plug-in.
S
spamcatcher
Jul 16, 2007
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:22:16 GMT, (Eric)
wrote:

Thought I’d post a follow-up to my original message just in case anyone else experienced the same problem.

The difficulty was NOT with CS3, but some other – as yet unidentified – program. After a reboot, CS3 did not display the flickering cursor. It would appear that it was something caused by a previous program being run before running CS3.

As with so many other minor glitches, a reboot cleared the problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections