RF
Posted By
Rui Felipe Rebelo Prego
Jul 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I received the photoshop Elements 1.0 (I think so, I don’t know how to check the version)with a digital camera leica digilux, I would like to know if I can Upgrade to 2.0 and What is the price of this upgrade, is anybody aware of this upgrade, what is the difference between both ??

Thank you

Rui Felipe

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PD
Pete D
Jul 25, 2003
Rui Felipe,

When program starts if you see a Yellow flower on the start screen that is V2. Also start icon is yellow flower.

If green on left side of start screen that is V. And on V1 the icon on start menu is green.

The move to V2 is not exactly an upgrade but rather a separate program. (but in the essence that it is the same program with new features and upgrades it is ….an upgrade:)

The price of Elements 2 varies but if you shop around and use the $30 upgrade rebate which you qualify for since you have the V1 you can probably get it for around $30…. or less. (And I personally think it is well worth the cost going to 2.0).

Pete
RF
Rui Felipe Rebelo Prego
Aug 4, 2003
Hi pete,
Thank you very much for the information, I have the V1.0 !!! It’s green ! I will try to get the 30$ update (I will try to find the way to order it, because I tried and only found the new version 2.0 Full package and never seen the update version somewhere, do you know on wich site I can find it ?)
Thank you for your help.
Rui Felipe
NS
Nancy S
Aug 4, 2003
Rui Felipe,

There is only one Version 2.0. It is an upgrade, not an update, as Pete said. It is the full program. A person does not need to own Version 1 in order to use Version 2, but… if you own Version 1, many times it allows you to qualify for Version 2 at a low cost (like $30 US). They do this with a mail-in rebate.

You might try looking at Amazon.com or doing a search on Google to see if anyone has it for sale inexpensively. Good luck!

Nancy
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 4, 2003
Pete, saw it at Sam’s yesterday for $79.84 before rebate.

Chuck
PD
Pete D
Aug 4, 2003
Chuck

Does Sam’s have their own rebate on PSE 2.0? They did have an additional $30 rebate. (Made it a terrific buy when combined with Adobe rebate).

Pete
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 4, 2003
Pete, I didn’t look that closely, as I already own two (!) copies of Elements 2. However, there was a $30 rebate sticker on the package; I assumed that was the Adobe rebate, but I could be wrong. Worth checking for those near a Sam’s and wanting PE2!

Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections