R
Posted By
rdoc2
Jul 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the easiest technique or should I say the best technique for a home person that uses photoshop to sharpen an image?
Choices:
Surface Blur
Gaussian Blur of background layer
Gaussian blur of layers with merge visible, opacity 50%, luminous mode and blend if.

I take a lot of snap shots of family and make 8 by 10s out of them and print them for the family. I am a novice user of photoshop and take a descent photo with a 35mm Nikon or use pictures that family members took with their digital cameras. I want to get the finish product to be as good as possible.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

K
keepout
Jul 12, 2007
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:35:55 -0400, rdoc wrote:

What is the easiest technique or should I say the best technique for a home person that uses photoshop to sharpen an image?
Choices:
Surface Blur
Gaussian Blur of background layer
Gaussian blur of layers with merge visible, opacity 50%, luminous mode and blend if.

I take a lot of snap shots of family and make 8 by 10s out of them and print them for the family. I am a novice user of photoshop and take a descent photo with a 35mm Nikon or use pictures that family members took with their digital cameras. I want to get the finish product to be as good as possible.

Learn to use the depth of field on the camera. If the image has no sharpness, blurring it no matter what, won’t make it any sharper.
That’s your best choice, familiarize yourself with the camera. I spent a year familiarizing myself with a $2.00 carny sideshow camera [cost me $20.00, [pig in a poke]. It had most of the accessories, and options the higher priced cameras had, and actually took good shots, once I learned how to use depth of field, aperture, speed, film etc..
I don’t believe there is a quality affordable digital camera made for the masses yet. The ones that might compare to a film camera cost more than $1000.00

Just my opinion. I’ve tried the sharpening and finally decided it’s a waste of drive space. The newest version may have improved, but with most software upgrades, only the box cover’s and price has changed. I’d be shocked if PS CS3 sharpen tool works any better than the one with PS5.

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections