CB
Posted By
Craig_Bunch
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
One of my Mac customers has a G5 Dual 1.8 with 2 GB ram. She has Adobe Creative Suite Premium. She tells me that the PhotoShop app keeps shutting down when she works with large files, ( 30 MB + ). It quit on her 8 times today and she is under a deadline. I am not sure what could be causing this kind of problem. Any one have any ideas? More info – -> She is using Extensis Suitcase X1 font mgmt. software and she is working on a network of eight other computers. She has shortcuts to those servers but she assures me she is accessing the files locally on her 160 GB drive.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Feb 17, 2004
30MB files are nowhere near large files, quite the opposite. That is definitely not the cause of her problems.

It would be helpful to know what version of OS X is involved, what percentage of RAM is allocated to Photoshop (too much can be a bad thing) and what other troubleshooting steps have been taken so far. How much free disk space is left on the hard drive? Is the Scratch Disk on a separate dedicated hard drive?
SB
Scott_Byer
Feb 18, 2004
And are there any plug-ins being used? What operations is she performing? Is the Magic Wand involved?

Have her try moving the MultiProcessor Support plug-in out of the Plug-ins folder temporarily (move it from the Adobe Photoshop CS/Plug-ins/Extensions to the desktop) and restarting Photoshop. Does the crash keep happening?

-Scott

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections