Posted By
Bernie
Jul 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You might try this:
I take Old West Photos at fairs and such,so I do lots of photos quickly, and PE is very friendly.After I bring in the photo, from the card reader, I use the crop tool, make sure you hit the ‘clear’ key in the tool bar so there are no dimensions in the height, width, resolution, boxes. make a rough crop of the use-able portion of the photo.( Since I take it in front of a backdrop, people have on shorts,etc. The rough crop is to take out the portions outside the backdrop or to the bottom of the shorts.)
Now:
Still with the crop tool selected, in the box’s at the top, fill in dimensions. Example 4 in (width) 6 in (height) 300 (resolution/dpi). (If you prefer pixels, change in to px.)
Click & hold at top LEFT corner. or just outside of picture, and drag as far as it will let you to the bottom RIGHT corner. That is your dimensions. You can click and hold inside the box and move it right/left etc, or use the arrow keys. When ready put cursor inside box, and hit enter. Done.
If you need another size from the same picture, just click edit – step-backward. Then reset your size/dimension box’s for the next size.
Very quick and easy.

Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Jul 24, 2003
I used your method before I started these photos. The only reason I changed is because I use 2 printers. The 4×6 is on a Sony dye-sub. And the the multiples, now I do a 4×6 and a 5×7, on a Kodak Pro. The have differant optimum resolutions. (Sony 407dpi/ Kodak 304)
It makes things go faster.

Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 24, 2003
It would under circumstances like that, Ralph. I’m not that "advanced"!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections