LK
Posted By
Leen Koper
Jul 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use the Dutch version of Elements V2 for about half a year now. Today I noticed for the first time something funny in the filter menu.
Obviously in english it read "watercolour" or "watercolor" as you Americans usually abuse the beautiful Shakespearean language. ;-))

The translation read "waterkleur". Litterally translated: the colo(u)r of water. I cannot imagine someone who knows the exact colo(u)r of water.

BTW: a correct translation would have been: "aquarel"

Leen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 22, 2003
Leen, I believe that scientists consider water to be a colorless liquid. But what do they know??

🙂

Chuck
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 22, 2003
Chuck

Leen, I believe that scientists consider water to be a colorless liquid. But what do they know??
Following a long hot dry summer, the water in Victoria can contain many algae bloom which tend to make it a sickly green gooey color. The water for Victoria comes from beautiful Sooke Lake which is out my way and it can also depend on the number of campers in the area.

Dave
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 22, 2003
Dave, we have quite a problem with algae blooms in our streams here. The runoff of fertilizer from the densely-populated neighborhoods hits these waterways, causing the proliferation of algae growth, followed by the algae sucking up all the oxygen out of the water, followed by fish kills. Not a pretty picture…

🙁

Chuck
LK
Leen Koper
Jul 22, 2003
Chuck, you may use the sponge tool to desaturate the algae.

Hope this helps. 😉

Leen
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 22, 2003
Ah, Leen….if it it were that easy…

Chuck
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 22, 2003
If I may add to this watercolour affair; the colour of water. Adding color to water or water to color. Color brought to life by water. water brought to life by color. The chinese are the true masters of this concept,imo
<http://www.dongkingman.org/>
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 22, 2003
Adriana, we continue to be impressed with the multilingual capabilities of our friends across the ocean – most of us here have trouble dealing with only one language…

Chuck
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 22, 2003
Ray, I certainly didn’t mean to leave you out!! Excusez-moi, s’il vous plait!

🙂

Chuck
R
Ray
Jul 22, 2003
You’re all excuse mon ami! 🙂

Ray
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 23, 2003
Those lakes are mighty big, Ray! Besides, even though we do know better if we stop to think about it, most of us assume our friends to the North speak English as a native language. You’ve been hanging out on the forum so much that you no longer type with an accent. 🙂
R
Ray
Jul 23, 2003
"You’ve been hanging out on the forum so much that you no longer type with an accent. :)"

I just love this one :))) I’ll keep it! Thank you, Beth.

I met with an english speaking friend, last week, to have a couple of beers over a pool table and he pointed out that my English has improved so much since the last time we met (6 months ago) that it was incredible! I though then he was only being polite (he’s also my chiropractor), but now, I think he really meant it 🙂

But you’re right about one thing, most Canadian citizens (I believe it to be two third of the population) speak english and only english. I was only teasing Chuck when I mentionned myself.
M
maska
May 19, 2004
could anybody tell me how can I translate Photoshop CS. is it possible to translate it?
CW
Colin_Walls
May 19, 2004
You mean you want to have it work in a different language? If so, you need to contact Adobe Customer Service to discuss a swap for the language version you need.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections