DR
Posted By
Darrin_Robertson
Aug 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This one is really strange… I am running Adobe Photoshop CS on two separate computers, my HP Pavilion Laptop (512/80, 3GHz P4, 64M nVidia, Win XP Home) and on my HP Pavilion Desktop (512/120,120,80, 2.8GHz P4, 128M nVidia, Win XP Pro) and am having the same issue on both machines.

The crop tool will not work. When I simply crop an image, it does the job. If I preset a size and resolution, it simply hangs, and hangs, and hangs. I have tried this on images of various sizes, color spaces, and acquisition methods and always get the same results.

It used to work, and I wonder if there was a recent automatic update of some kind that could have caused this issue. I’m a little miffed that Adobe requires that I pay them $300 to receive a decent level of support on issues like this.

Any ideas? Anybody? Any help is greatly appreciated as I have a deadline looming.

Thanks,

[d]

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Aug 29, 2004
are you perhaps specifying inches instead of pixels? make sure your dimentions contain "px" after them in the options bar.
DR
Darrin_Robertson
Aug 29, 2004
LOL my god what a stupid mistake! Thanks for saving me the 300 bucks.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 29, 2004
no problem darrin. happens all the time.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections