Posted By
Josh_Martin
Feb 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey guys,
I currently have CS and v7 of PS. I want to buy a training DVD course and have the option of getting CS and v7. v7 is only 99.00 while CS is 299.00, both series are the same length. I don’t know what the main differences in v7 and CS are. I’d purchase the training for v7 because of the cheap price, but I’m worried that CS is different enough that there could be differences in the training. Could someone please tell me or at least send me a link where the differences in the two versions are discussed?
Thanks,
Josh

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
progress
Feb 15, 2004
have a look under products at the top of the page, there should be a "whats new" somewhere in there.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Feb 16, 2004
Basic overall functionality is the same betwwn v7 and vCS. The new features in CS ill obviously be left out of the v7 training. As progress suggested, look at the products page to see thenew features, if none of these are of dire importance for immdiate training, I’d go with the v7 training.
C
crayola
Feb 16, 2004
If you are into broadcasting, CS is COMPLETELY a different application.

non square pixels.

If you are a photographer, CS is completely a different application.

16 bit full support.

If you are a designer, there is one very cool tool that allows you to make various renditions using the same files, just cooked in different ways.

IF you are in prepress, it’s the same ol crap…..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections