M
Posted By
mowen
Jun 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help I’m trying to install CS3 on my computer I’ve uninstalled CS as I was installing CS3 I had a power outage. I went back & tried to finish installing CS3 & it tells me I have one version of photoshop being installed & must finish that install before installing CS3.(huh) so I removed everything that I could find of CS3 & when I went to install it again I still get the same message. All of CS was properly removed & computer restarted before my first attempt with CS3. I attemped tech support & the answer I got from them was (Hey I’ve neverseen that problem before I haven’t got a clue as to what to do). Great I stuck with a program that I’ve opened the package so the seller says hey you opened it you own it & Adobe is of no help so now it looks like I’ve got a really expensive coasters. (This SUCKS) HELP !!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PO
Pix on Canvas
Jun 20, 2007
"mowen" wrote in message
Help I’m trying to install CS3 on my computer I’ve uninstalled CS as I was installing CS3 I had a power outage. I went back & tried to finish installing CS3 & it tells me I have one version of photoshop being installed & must finish that install before installing CS3.(huh) so I removed everything that I could find of CS3 & when I went to install it again I still get the same message. All of CS was properly removed & computer restarted before my first attempt with CS3. I attemped tech support & the answer I got from them was (Hey I’ve neverseen that problem before I haven’t got a clue as to what to do). Great I stuck with a program that I’ve opened the package so the seller says hey you opened it you own it & Adobe is of no help so now it looks like I’ve got a really expensive coasters. (This SUCKS) HELP !!!
YOu could get an Expert to come and fix it or you could format your hard drive and load all your software again.
The issue is almost certainly a key in the registry adn I’m surprised Adobe didn’t walk you through getting rid of them.

Why not call them again and ask for a "senior" engineer to help you?

Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
M
Matalog
Jun 20, 2007
"mowen" wrote in message

Try going to control panel – add/remove programs. See if there is a mention of Adobe Photoshop cs3. If there is, try and repair or reinstall it.

I would phone Adobes helpline again and tell them again that you have a problem with their software, I can’t believe that they told you this. This is a very expensive piece of software, explain this to them and i’m sure that they will have to help you in some way.
S
SpaceGirl
Jun 20, 2007
On Jun 20, 12:59 pm, "Matalog" wrote:
"mowen" wrote in message

Try going to control panel – add/remove programs. See if there is a mention of Adobe Photoshop cs3. If there is, try and repair or reinstall it.
I would phone Adobes helpline again and tell them again that you have a problem with their software, I can’t believe that they told you this. This is a very expensive piece of software, explain this to them and i’m sure that they will have to help you in some way.

There is an Adobe CS3 cleaner that will remove ALL Adobe software from your machine in situations like this. You can download that for free from the Adobe website. CS3 is *horrible* to install at the best of times… Adobe really screwed up their installer and about 75% of installs I’ve seen have failed for one reason or another (at least, ALL installs I’ve seen under Windows so far have had some sort of issue; however it installed fine at my own studio on our Macs).
MR
Mike Russell
Jun 20, 2007
mowen wrote:

Other than disk space, there is no need to remove CS from your machine before installing CS3. So consider re-installing it while you sort out the CS3 problem.

As spacegirl suggests, there is a cleaner, intended for the beta version of CS3, that may do a more complete job of removing your partially installed version, so you can start over again. The script is available here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

Some people have reported success by doing a repair install of Windows XP.

It’s frustrating. Keep at it, you’ll get there.

Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com
B
Benny
Jun 23, 2007
I had a similar problem installing Genuine Fractals recently.

This was GF’s reply – it may apply to your situation as well??

"Sometimes a registry key gets left behind by the CS 3 beta which blocks our installer. At this time we would want to take a look inside the registry. Go to the Start menu, select Run and type in Regedit and then press Return. In the Registry Editor window expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then expand Software, then expand Adobe and you should see a plain folder called Photoshop. If you expand it, do you only have a 9.0 folder? If you also have a 10.0 folder this is the leftover CS 3 beta key. You can delete this and then exit the Registry editor. Once gone you should be able to install Genuine Fractals."

regards

Benny

"mowen" wrote in message

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections